Thread: Help with Skype!!

Default Help with Skype!!

So I've just gotten Skype, and it worked fine the first time I used it. I have shut down my laptop since then, and when I turned it back on yesterday, Skype didnt automatically connect. So I tried to sign in, however it keeps coming up saying 'Your skype username and password were not recognized. Please try again.'

I've tried repeatedly (and I know my password and username are definitely correct), yet no attempt worked. I then clicked on the forgotten password link, and an email was sent to me with a link to reset my password. I followed that, except when I enter a new password and press ok, the next page loads and says 'An unknown error occured, please try again later.'

I then downloaded Sype onto another computer and tried logging in there, thinking it may just be a problem with my laptop, but that didnt work - the same error keeps happening.

I've tried about four times since yesterday to get it working, but it just wont log me in, and I've used up my 3 attempts for resetting a password for the next 24 hours. I have also tried to contact Skype, but you have to be logged in to do that - which is the problem in the first place!!

So is there anyone at all who might have an idea why its doing this, or what I'm doing wrong? I'd really appreciate any help!!

Is the caps lock key on or could it have been on when you set the password?

If they reset the password, I would expect they sent it in an E-mail.

If you aren't getting them, be sure to check any spam filter to see if that caught the E-mail.
    James

Is it just me or do you hear the sound of tweets too? What about facing a book?

I've tried entering my password and username with caps on, caps on, on for one of them etc...nothing worked so I'm guessing its not that

And when I tried resetting my password, they email you a link that when you go to it, you type in a new password - they dont actually give you a temporary password. Whenever I try that, an error comes up saying 'unexpected error - try again later'

But thanks for the suggestions though!!

I haven't used it, so I assumed they did it like others do.

They may be having server problems.
    James

Is it just me or do you hear the sound of tweets too? What about facing a book?

Thanks for your suggestions James, I appreciate the help. I've done some searching through Skype forums (which took forever to find in the first place) and it seems my best option is going to be to get a whole new account. Pretty annoying, but I have no idea if or when I could get my current one working again - and I want it for when I go to LA, so I can still chat to family at home