Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ITunes question

Default ITunes question

I have some music and also audios on my iTunes which will not automatically Sync to my iPhone.

How do I get these to sync into my iPhone?

Do they need to be dragged into a folder?

Please advise....

You can drag them onto your iPhone to load it.

There is a chance it is in the wrong format and that is why it won't sync.

If the format is a problem, you should get a message about not being able to load it on the iPhone unless you told iTunes to not warn you about that error.

Aside from a few things I bought on iTunes, I don't have my music in iTunes. I just drag music/videos onto my iPods to copy it onto them. A down side is I can't share a play list between my iPods.
    James

Is it just me or do you hear the sound of tweets too? What about facing a book?

Hey guys!

I have not been on here in a while. My old laptop came as close to crashing on me as possible. It was basically eaten up with viruses and started doing crazy stuff and for the prices I was quoted to fix it, I just spent a little extra money and bought a new laptop. My old one was 5-6 years old anyway, and I didn't want to put money into a laptop that old, since everthing changes so fast these days.

I am having a problem with my iTunes though. Since my old laptop is eaten up with viruses it won't even copy my iTunes music and videos to my external hard drive, and I don't want to transfer any viruses onto my external hard drive anyway and then on to my new laptop. So when I bought my new one, the guy at the store gave me this software to buy called Pod Revolution that is supposed to let me transfer what is already on my iPod to my new iTunes library on my new laptop. But every time I try to use it, I get an error message and then this message.

Does anyone know how I can resolve this issue? I would really like to get all my songs and videos from my iPod onto my new laptop and in my new iTunes library. Can someone who knows more about this than me help me please?

President & Proud Shortie of the EDSHFC!!

Laugh!,
    Nicole

I haven't used that software, but most likely that is a message from iTunes.

You most likely need to set iTunes to not automatically sync with iPhones and iPods when they are connected.

That is in the iTunes preferences, devices tab section.
    James

I changed the preferences in my iTunes, but I'm still getting this other error message from the software.

I went online to the support site for the software and they want to charge me $48 for an answer to my question about how to resolve the issue. Um..I'm sory, but the guy at Office Depot told me I would install this software, plug my ipod in, and be good to go. And it's not working out and I'm not paying more money for something that should work in the first place.

James, I know you have never used this software, but do you know anything about this error message?

Laugh!,
    Nicole

I would try uninstalling and reinstalling it.

You may also need to right click on the installation program and run it as administrator during the installation process.

I've done very little in the post windows XP operating systems, so I'm not sure of exactly how that is worded.
    James

I've already uninstalled it and re-installed it, but it still didn't work. I'll try it one more time, and then if it doesn't work, I may have to take it back to the guy that sold me the laptop and see if he knows how to use the software or if someone else at the store knows how.

Thanks James.

Laugh!,
    Nicole

That sounds like a good idea

It is worth remembering that Apple specifically designed it to not support getting music off the iPod. That was their way at the time of preventing people from doing that to give copies of music to other people.

Any software doing that has to work around Apple's setup.

As a worst case option you can set iTunes for manually managing your music and it won't need the music in iTunes.

I don't have any of my music in iTunes. I just drag and drop music onto my iPods in iTunes to put it on the iPod. I've always worried about problems where the music disappears in iTunes.

My way works, but you can't save play lists in iTunes or share them between devices.
    James

you might wanna try "iPod Copy Expert". just google it. it's free and worked perfectly for me.
    Good luck with the place! With your hard work and ingenuity.. well... good luck with the place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast