Thread: Spam email

Default Spam email

Hi Ladies, & Vizitor
    I haven't been here for a while, most probably don't even know who I am... I just got an odd email in my regular email. I looked for a thread on this topic already in existence, but was unable to find one.

hello
    Victoria Diop <victoria1dd@yahoo.com>
    Add to Contacts
    To:
    Hello My Dear, ( harrinaljames@yahoo.co.uk ) How are you today and how is life moving over there? i hope fine. My name is Harrinal, It is my pleasure to view your profile today and after going through your profile in (ellen.4thdimension.info) and I became interested in you... please I will like to know you more better... so I will like you to reply this mail with your email address direct to my email not in the site, so that I can give you my picture for you to know whom I am. Here is my email address (harrinaljames@yahoo.co.uk) believe we can move from here... remember that color or distance does not matter but love matters a lot in life... so I am waiting impatiently to hear from you soonest. Thanks and have a wonderful day from Harrinal ( harrinaljames@yahoo.co.uk)

I was wondering if anyone else has gotten any of these. I guess I thought our email addresses were private, unless someone was a member.

Does anyone know of a "Victoria Diop" or "Harrinal"?

Maybe one of the moderators (James??) has more info.

I will ignore this, but just thought I'd let Vizitor know that someone is out there getting email addresses from his site and then sending strange emails out.

Michelle

Nice to hear from you again Michelle but sorry you've had this trouble. I have not heard of anyone else so far.

Quote Originally Posted by ohyeaah View Post
    Hi Ladies, & Vizitor
    I haven't been here for a while, most probably don't even know who I am... I just got an odd email in my regular email. I looked for a thread on this topic already in existence, but was unable to find one.

hello
    Add to Contacts
    To:
    Hello My Dear, ( harrinaljames@yahoo.co.uk ) How are you today and how is life moving over there? i hope fine. My name is Harrinal, It is my pleasure to view your profile today and after going through your profile in (ellen.4thdimension.info) and I became interested in you... please I will like to know you more better... so I will like you to reply this mail with your email address direct to my email not in the site, so that I can give you my picture for you to know whom I am. Here is my email address (harrinaljames@yahoo.co.uk) believe we can move from here... remember that color or distance does not matter but love matters a lot in life... so I am waiting impatiently to hear from you soonest. Thanks and have a wonderful day from Harrinal ( harrinaljames@yahoo.co.uk)

I was wondering if anyone else has gotten any of these. I guess I thought our email addresses were private, unless someone was a member.

I will ignore this, but just thought I'd let Vizitor know that someone is out there getting email addresses from his site and then sending strange emails out.

Michelle

Hello M,
    I checked both of the above emails in our database. Neither are present. We use the site:
    http://www.stopforumspam.com/ to search for and register any known spammers. I found no matches.
    I will let James know about this. He can do much more with the anti spam site than I. Vizitor isn't available right now.
    Thanks for alerting us about this. The site has many spam filters in place. It's an ongoing battle.
    I apologize that this has happened to you. You are the first member to report this and hopefully the last.
    Please check your pm's periodically here. James may be able to offer a personal suggestion to further protect your computer's identity.

S

nice to hear from you Michelle,wow I read that e-mail and that is just crazy. I have not heard of anyone here on this site at all so if I were you do no reply to it you know what I mean. It very well could be a spammer. I am so sorry that you had recieved that e-mail.

"It hit me... you are out of rum. If you are quiet it will come." E.D.

Hi Ladies, & Vizitor

hello
    Add to Contacts
    To:

Michelle

I found a post where you posted your E-mail address here.

They could have found that.

I'll PM you a link and you can edit it if you want to remove it or I can take care of it for you.
    James

Is it just me or do you hear the sound of tweets too? What about facing a book?

That person is spamming not only in here. I googled the e-mail address (harrinaljames@yahoo.co.uk) and it came out on few sites, posting the same message for ex. in here.

I just got a junk email from "Victoria Diop." LOL