Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Computer problems

Oooh Thank God for this thread! I was gonna start a new one or PM you James. But I;m gonna post here, so I hope you can help me...

I use Windows not mac as you know, so I hope you'd figure out the problem that I'm having!

Everyime I try to open the 'Task Manager' it looks like this, and doesn't have the options I used to have before like "Turn Off, Restart PC" and I'm facing bloody issues trying to turn of a program or close a folder with this one shape as the options is not available like the old look used to have.

I tried to fix it my self and I tried searching the Help tab in my PC and the website w/o any luck!!

And I would like to take it to the shop.. except I got one problem. There's a lot of files if it's not my whole stuff on my laptop that I need to save (A lot of years of work you can say). And I don't really think I can trust em 100%!! I do take my Laptop & PC to checking, but not this time na'a. I don't think I can trust em not to delete my files cos that happened to me before. ESP now that the DVD Burner is not workin' so I'm trying to save em on USB Flashes until later.

Anyway, enough talking... Can you help me? I want that task manager option to go back the way it used to look like!!

Sorry here's the pic I forgot to attach

Quote Originally Posted by DBSD View Post
    Everyime I try to open the 'Task Manager' it looks like this, and doesn't have the options I used to have before like "Turn Off, Restart PC" and I'm facing bloody issues trying to turn of a program or close a folder with this one shape as the options is not available like the old look used to have.
    Do you have a screen cap of what it looks like?

Double click on the top bar of the task manager display.
    James

Is it just me or do you hear the sound of tweets too? What about facing a book?

Quote Originally Posted by bellyrox View Post
    Do you have a screen cap of what it looks like?
    I just attached one
    Quote Originally Posted by jlilest View Post
    Double click on the top bar of the task manager display.
    My GOD how fast & GENIUS you are

I feel ashamed of my self!!!

But how did that work this time?

I swear that I tried double-clicking a billion times and it didn't work!!!!!!

But Thank you James, you're really a cure xxx

I also acted as the second level help desk where I last worked and I think that happened more than once.
    James

Is it just me or do you hear the sound of tweets too? What about facing a book?

Ooh I see now

Well it used to stuck then and now and not working at all until I take it to the shop. But this thing never happened to me before!

But Thankfully now I can work normally than those days of getting mad because of it

I got online earlier this morning and all the websites I go to regularly worked fine. Then I tried to get back online again a little later and this screen had popped up on my desktop asking me which way I wanted to connect to the Internet...home, business, and I don't remember the third one. So I just canceled it because I've never had to bother with that before.

So I clicked on my Mozilla Firefox icon and this website is my homepage and it came up just fine. But now all the other websites I go to won't load...it keeps saying Page Load Error. I mean, this is the most important website I need so as long as it's working I'm not freaking out as bad, but I would like my other websites to be working too...does anyone know what the problem could be?

President & Proud Shortie of the EDSHFC!!

Laugh!,
    Nicole

Quote Originally Posted by tcsced View Post
    I got online earlier this morning and all the websites I go to regularly worked fine. Then I tried to get back online again a little later and this screen had popped up on my desktop asking me which way I wanted to connect to the Internet...home, business, and I don't remember the third one. So I just canceled it because I've never had to bother with that before.

So I clicked on my Mozilla Firefox icon and this website is my homepage and it came up just fine. But now all the other websites I go to won't load...it keeps saying Page Load Error. I mean, this is the most important website I need so as long as it's working I'm not freaking out as bad, but I would like my other websites to be working too...does anyone know what the problem could be?
    could be bad internet connection ... it happens to me all the time, and that's what they told me... although when that happen to me i can acces any web page ...

Well, I just re-started my computer and everything seems to be working fine.

President & Proud Shortie of the EDSHFC!!

Laugh!,
    Nicole

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast