Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Computer problems

Quote Originally Posted by tcsced View Post
    Well, I just re-started my computer and everything seems to be working fine.
    well good!

Windows tends to panic if it doesn't see a connection and decides it needs to ask you how to connect.
    James

Is it just me or do you hear the sound of tweets too? What about facing a book?

Unreachable
    Last edited by AnastasiaBeavrhausen; 05-18-2009 at 01:20 PM.

Okay, so I have another computer problem..actually, it's a printer problem now. I have been having printer problems for the past month or so, and replacing the black ink was the simple solution, so I just found out. But one of the problems I had while my printer was having problems was that when I would try to print out the Spot the Differences pictures from Ellen's website, it would print out the logo at the top and the words under the picture, but where the two pictures go, and the list of other pics to chose from on the bottom are, all my printer would print was a plain white box. Now that I've put in a new printer, it's still doing the same thing.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? I never used to have a problem printing these things out, and I'm way behind on printing them out, and I would like to get caught up.

President & Proud Shortie of the EDSHFC!!

Laugh!,
    Nicole

Do they show up if you use the option for a print preview?

Are you trying to print the entire page or just part of it?

I just checked and Firefox and Internet Explorer both are working.

What kind of printer is it?
    James

Quote Originally Posted by jlilest View Post
    Do they show up if you use the option for a print preview?

Are you trying to print the entire page or just part of it?

I just checked and Firefox and Internet Explorer both are working.

What kind of printer is it?
    When I click on the small version of one of them it brings up the page full size, but there are no longer any tool bars at the top of the screen with drop down menus for me to select the print option. So I have to Ctrl-P to bring up the Print box. I am trying to just print the page as it appears on the screen...with the advertisement at the top and everything...I don't mind all that.

I am using a HP Photosmart C5280 All-in-One Printer, Scanner, Copier.

Laugh!,
    Nicole

The pictures there are part of a flash program display and that likely means that the web browser, which is what ctrl-P is asking to print, doesn't know how to print it.

I'm getting the same effect.

Try right clicking on the image and see if print is available there.

I think that is asking flash to print the page, and it knows how to produce the flash display. That works here and you only get the pictures.
    James

I think I tried that earlier and it worked...but then I gave up because I forgot to set it on Landscape instead of Portrait and now my color ink is out too...must go back to the store tomorrow. Thanks for the tips James. Although, Ctrl-P worked for printing all the stuff on the page before...I don't know why it doesn't anymore.

Of course, you can't even right-click on the pictures either on her website...so it's off to PrtSc and open and crop in Paint.

Laugh!,
    Nicole

I have set my browser to prohibit web pages from changing the menus.

I also have the URL visible on those pop-up pages.

It is a Java script that displays the window and that is likely disabling the menu options.

Other pages are web pages and that isn't a web page, it is a Java program window.
    James

Another computer problem...

As of about a week ago now, whenever I get on this site AND Yahoo, I have to sign back in each time, whereas I used to be automatically signed in ALL the time. On Yahoo it would say "Welcome, Nicole" or whatever at the top and the number of emails I had would automatically show up on next to my email button on the screen. And I am not signed on here when I come either anymore.

And it's started doing it on my phone too...every time I have to get off of my browser to call someone, when I get back on, I have to sign back in which logs me out of Yahoo Messenger and I have to log back in.

My computer did a virus scan a few days ago and found a virus and got rid of it, but I don't know if that was the cause of this or if it's something else. If anyone knows, please let me know. I mean, I can live with it, it's just a little inconvenience, but it's still kinda aggravating to have to sign in EVERY time I come here (and this site is my home page so I'm ALWAYS here) or to Yahoo.

Laugh!,
    Nicole

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast