Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Computer problems

Default Computer problems

Hey everyone!

This is a test! Something wrong has been happening to the forum today and I know some of you have been experiencing the same problems so I want to see if this post will work! I've already PMed GuLbErK, vizitor, they are they two moderators I know of, and James who I believe is computer savvy. This is a major problem we need to get fixed here! If anyone knows web design, I hope you can whip up a new forum right away for us, get all our email addresses and let us know what it is so we can come back to each other and Ellen! I hope I'm thinking way ahead here and this doesn't happen!

Laugh!,
    Nicole

Alias

Default Laptop Help

I was wondering if anyone could help me with my computer problem

I have not been on my computer all day til a little awhile ago and realized that my desktop icons look like they have been stretched they are not of normal size. My desktop picture however is of the same size.

I also have the problem with my homepage it seems that everything has been stretched. It looks like it is wide screen but without the black strip at the top and bottom of the page. Hope you know what that means

Can anyone help me?

The first thing I would do is reboot to see if that resolves it.

If that doesn't fix it, try shutting it down for a minute or two and turn it back on.

The next thing I would do is check the desktop size setting to be sure it hasn't changed. That would be in the properties of the desktop, on the settings tab.
    James

Is it just me or do you hear the sound of tweets too? What about facing a book?

Alias

On the settings tab what is the screen resolution supposed to be?

Mine is showing 1024 by 768 pixels.

It depends on your computer display.

If it is an LCD screen, the screen has a certain number of pixels across and down it that you should set the resolution to since a smaller resolution might result in an image that is smaller on screen and some unused space. It also can't display a higher resolution image simply because there aren't enough pixels physically present to do so.

An analog monitor, on the other hand, can likely be set to a fairly wide range of settings that would all fill the screen.
    James

Alias

I don't have an LCD screen and I've tried changing the screen resolution and without saving the settings, the screen gets more and more wider.

Now when I did a reply to this thread, the Message screen has also gone wider

I'm just at a loss cause I've never seen this happen before

Any other suggestions?

You should turn the monitor off and on.

It might also have gone out of adjustment and you might need to adjust the image width.
    James

Alias

Where do I find the image width?

That would be part of the monitor's setting controls.

They could be physical knobs or they might be in a menu that displays on the screen. That varies a lot.
    James

Alias

Well it's a laptop so it doesn't have knobs

Thank you for the help James, I'll have to play around with it more it's just so weird I tell you

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast