Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ipod/MP3 people...I need your help!

Quote Originally Posted by jkeim View Post
    i'm very happy with my ipod nano. i couldn't live without it. hihi. i was just wondering what program do you use to convert the videos to ipod format?
    It's called Ares Tube check it out: http://ares-tube.en.softonic.com/
    And theres also another program that you can use to convert whole DVD's to Ipod format: http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

Hope i helped

One.Inseparable.Forever
    Together 3 years 4 months
    Nat <Veli3

Quote Originally Posted by i_love_ellen View Post
    It's called Ares Tube check it out: http://ares-tube.en.softonic.com/
    And theres also another program that you can use to convert whole DVD's to Ipod format: http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

Hope i helped
    thank you so much for this. i have been looking for that. i'm downloading it now
    "Are you sad?
    Do you get stressed?!?
    Do you have anxiety?
    YES...YES... I HAVE ALL THOSE THINGS...I'M ALIVE...."

Quote Originally Posted by tcsced View Post
    I just want something I can carry Ellen videos around with...LOL!!! BTW, how do you get those on there? If I put a DVD of TEDS in my computer (and we don't have Macs in our house, we have PCs) and play TEDS and drag it to the Ipod or Ipod Nano, is that all it takes to have a video of Ellen on the Ipod and play it?
    Like, i_love_ellen just posted links to, there is plenty of free software out there for converting video and ripping/converting DVDs. No, you can't drag DVD files to it, or other videos, first they must be converted to the right format (.mp4, preferably also h.264). You usually need a separate program for ripping DVDs, since there is argument over whether that is technically legal or whether it qualifies as fair use.

It sounds like your little sister could do fine with a Shuffle.

Someone said something about their little brother having one and it lasting well. I had the best test of all, washed mine in the washer. Yikes. Let it dry out for 4 days, and it was fine. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by ponies View Post
    Someone said something about their little brother having one and it lasting well. I had the best test of all, washed mine in the washer. Yikes. Let it dry out for 4 days, and it was fine. hehe
    HA HA! Yeah, ym dad went swimming with his cell phone a while back...no, he didn't do it on purpose...he forgot it was in his pocket! And he brought it inside, took it apart and let it dry for a few hours and it still works fine!

Thanks again everyone for all your wonderful advice about all this...I was thinking about asking for one for my birthday since I'm getting a new tv for Christmas and they're expensive already...but now if Ellen's coming to New Orleans in April, I might just try to see if I can get my parents to let me go down there to see her, and let that be my birthday present...we'll see!!

President & Proud Shortie of the EDSHFC!!

Laugh!,
    Nicole

do NOT get ur sister an ipod shuffle! lol they are so annoying! i had one and it broke a couple weeks ago, just stopped working and not having a screen is sooooo hard lol. i hated it. if shes into whats everyone is into at school... go with the nano or classic ones.
    thats what im asking for for christmas! : )
    SOOOO EXCITED!

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j285/viva-forever-/ellenanimation.gif

I forgot, there are two options to get an iPod a little cheaper...

first, the refurbished ones:
    http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...nclm=Certified

then, the educational store, since it sounds like you're still in school:
    http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Im...utingpage.html

Hey everyone!

Well, I got an IPod Classic for Christmas and my sister got an IPod Nano...I was expecting her to get one, but not me so I was totally surprised!!!

NOW...there is nothing in the IPod that tells me what to do so I need your help! I know there are some technical gadget people on here that are smarter than I am when it comes to this stuff. Is there something I need to download from ITunes in order to copy stuff to my IPod? Also, is the copying process the same for the Classic and the Nano...I need to know for my sister AND me, since we have two different ones. I tried hooking her's up the computer with the USB port last night and I just copied a picture from the internet onto my computer in my pictures file and then I tried to copy it to her Ipod. On the computer it showed up that it was copied on there, but on the Ipod screen itself it still said No Pictures. Also, if I want to copy my CDs onto my Ipod how do I do that? Do I just put the CD in the computer, and then from there, transfer it onto the Ipod? Same thing with videos...if I wanted to transfer Ellen clips from my DVDs like TEDS episodes or certain clips from TEDS episodes, would I just put the DVD in the computer and from there transfer it onto the Ipod?

I want to know in the simplest way how to do all this...someone please explain it all to me in stupid people's terms because this is all new to me!

Laugh!,
    Nicole

I don't know if this came with it or not, but I located a manual for both iPods.

iPod Nano

iPod Classic

These are PDF files, so you might want to right click on the links above and save them to your computer for more convenient use.
    James

Is it just me or do you hear the sound of tweets too? What about facing a book?

Thanks James...I will have to read through it all at some point and try to figure it out! I'm trying right now, but somehow I've gotten 13 songs that I don't even know that were downloaded on my IPod, and I'm trying to get them off!!!

This is way over my head, but once I figure it out I'm sure it will be fun!

Laugh!,
    Nicole

It is possible that it came with some songs already on it.

I have never had an iPod, so I have rather limited knowledge of using them.

It is my understanding that they can also store files like a flash or hard drive would. That may have been what happened when you copied files to the drive. I seem to recall that there is a hidden file structure that contains the playable music.

I seem to recall people using iPods to boot their mac's, but it was not really recommended since the hard drives in the iPods were not meant for heavy use. Playing a song generally means a short access to load the song into memory, followed by two or three minutes of playing the song from memory before another access is required.
    James

Is it just me or do you hear the sound of tweets too? What about facing a book?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast