Thread: CD covers...

Default CD covers...

Does anyone know how many pixels something needs to be to print out to fit inside a CD case? I have some CDs that I bought on iTunes that I would like to put in cases and make covers for.

President & Proud Shortie of the EDSHFC!!

Laugh!,
    Nicole

Unreachable

Quote Originally Posted by tcsced View Post
    Does anyone know how many pixels something needs to be to print out to fit inside a CD case? I have some CDs that I bought on iTunes that I would like to put in cases and make covers for.
    300 DPI, 4.28 x 4.28 inches, CMYK (I make them all the time)

1283 x 1283 pixels
    Last edited by AnastasiaBeavrhausen; 03-06-2009 at 11:01 PM.

1283 X 1283 pixels? Isn't that kinda big? I know the printers usually print them out a little smaller than how they appear on the screen, but still, is that too big to fit inside a standard CD cover case?

I don't know why I'm questioning you Susan. You say you do these all the time, so you apparently know what you're doing. I'll have to try it out tomorrow. Thanks!!

Laugh!,
    Nicole

Unreachable

1283 X 1283 pixels? Isn't that kinda big? I know the printers usually print them out a little smaller than how they appear on the screen, but still, is that too big to fit inside a standard CD cover case?

I don't know why I'm questioning you Susan. You say you do these all the time, so you apparently know what you're doing. I'll have to try it out tomorrow. Thanks!!
    that pixel is the same in inches... 4.28 inches is 1283 pixels... remember its a high resolution... 300 dpi... i make cd covers all the time and I go by 4.28 inches square... trust me it'll work. it will fit perfectally

if you changed the resolution to 72 which is used for the web, then it would be very small, around 300 pixels square... its the resolution. Always use 300 dpi for printing... DPI = dots per inch
    Last edited by AnastasiaBeavrhausen; 03-06-2009 at 11:53 PM.

Thanks Susan!! I'll check it out tomorrow.

Laugh!,
    Nicole

Unreachable

Thanks Susan!! I'll check it out tomorrow.
    No Problem Nicole! I hope it works, if you have any questions, let me know.