Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: iTunes Question

I'm on a Mac, too (well, many macs ). Sometimes when you try to drag files into iTunes, you can not unless you drag them over the "Library" heading, but that is only if you happen to have a Smart Playlist open at the time or if you're in a Moves or TV section.

If you're also having a problem that they won't import using the File menu option, then I'd start looking at the file type. These three are MP3 files? Did you download them from a commercial site (like Amazon or eMusic), or did you get them off a sharing site or torrent? If the latter, I would start wondering if they are real MP3 files or bogus or corrupted.

If you want, you could send me the file to look at, since I'm also on a Mac. If you and angel haven't figured it out already, PM me, and I'll give you an address.

- Susan (also named, not you )

Unreachable

Quote Originally Posted by ponies View Post
    I'm on a Mac, too (well, many macs ). Sometimes when you try to drag files into iTunes, you can not unless you drag them over the "Library" heading, but that is only if you happen to have a Smart Playlist open at the time or if you're in a Moves or TV section.

If you're also having a problem that they won't import using the File menu option, then I'd start looking at the file type. These three are MP3 files? Did you download them from a commercial site (like Amazon or eMusic), or did you get them off a sharing site or torrent? If the latter, I would start wondering if they are real MP3 files or bogus or corrupted.

If you want, you could send me the file to look at, since I'm also on a Mac. If you and angel haven't figured it out already, PM me, and I'll give you an address.

- Susan (also named, not you )
    I tried what you suggested and nothing happened... I got them off (shhhhhhhhhhh..... Limewire) And I think they are corrupt too... so I am going to try to download them again... its 3 songs and the only 3 songs I have had problems with... thanks for the tips!

Do be careful with files from, um, noncommercial sites.

Even with Mac's there is a danger of them doing damage.
    James

Is it just me or do you hear the sound of tweets too? What about facing a book?

Unreachable

Quote Originally Posted by jlilest View Post
    Do be careful with files from, um, noncommercial sites.

Even with Mac's there is a danger of them doing damage.
    I know... I am trying to be careful, but so far, nothing is wrong except they wont import!

Forcefully open one of the files in TextEdit. You'll see a bunch of gobbly goop, but if they are mp3 files, and not bogus files people put on sharing sites to spread viruses, you should at least see some ID3 tags at the top and bottom of the gobbly goop.

Unreachable

Quote Originally Posted by ponies View Post
    Forcefully open one of the files in TextEdit. You'll see a bunch of gobbly goop, but if they are mp3 files, and not bogus files people put on sharing sites to spread viruses, you should at least see some ID3 tags at the top and bottom of the gobbly goop.
    I did that and didnt see ID3 at all, so these files are corrupt correct?

They might be viruses looking for a windows system to infect.
    James

Unreachable

Yep they are being trashed!

this is why i'm a mac user

i used to have a sony vaio (windows xp), it crashed due to viruses within a year of having it. my macbook has been perfect for over a year and a half
    "I am leaving this harbor, giving urban a farewell. Its habitants seem too keen on God. I cannot stomach their rights and wrongs..." Wanderlust by Björk http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJRiBDMfrTU

~Vanessa~

Just be careful, because there really are viruses that can attack the Mac.

They are pretty few and far between, but that is likely changing.
    James

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast