Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast

Thread: Guess Ellen and Portia's wedding date

You are in 2D mode rather than 3D.

I think that the 3D image is created using this or a similar image mapped over a three dimensional map of the surface.

Put another way, they create a map that has the land elevations and then sort of stick the picture on top of that.

If you click on the 3D link in the top left, it will switch to a display that sort of gives you depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristen101 View Post
    thank you so much. i hate to be a trouble-maker, but i'm getting an old image of their house. do i need install anything to look at something live?
    I don't think that there are live images as such.

The updated display is most likely a reference to traffic information that can be displayed on the map.
    James

Is it just me or do you hear the sound of tweets too? What about facing a book?

Quote Originally Posted by jlilest View Post
    You are in 2D mode rather than 3D.

I think that the 3D image is created using this or a similar image mapped over a three dimensional map of the surface.

Put another way, they create a map that has the land elevations and then sort of stick the picture on top of that.

If you click on the 3D link in the top left, it will switch to a display that sort of gives you depth.
    suh-weet! thank you so much
    kristen! *

when i'm losing my control, the city spins around
    you're the only one who knows, you slow it down <3
    xoxo

This really isn't new, but I was looking at the Google news search for their wedding and among the sea of Ellen marrying Portia was one that was Portia de Rossi and Ellen DeGeneres set to wed today

It probably isn't surprising since Portia is the local girl, but it just stood out to me.
    James

wow. they've done a really good job of keeping this low key... i haven't seen anything in the tv news at all. i'm happy that it hasn't been a circus and that they've probably gotten married without a ruckus.

Entertainment Tonight did a small piece on them yesterday or maybe Thursday.

It looks like they did avoid the paparazzi, so with no pictures, little or no coverage.
    James

That is great for them!! I just can't wait to see the picture(s) they give to the press...I hope!!

President & Proud Shortie of the EDSHFC!!

Laugh!,
    Nicole

She said that she would give us clips on TEDS. Anyone know when the new season starts?

Quote Originally Posted by 4030deuce View Post
    She said that she would give us clips on TEDS. Anyone know when the new season starts?
    September 8th.

President & Proud Shortie of the EDSHFC!!

Laugh!,
    Nicole

Quote Originally Posted by bludflygrl View Post
    Yesssss, when you Aussies wake up Ellen and Portia will be married!! It'll be like waking up Christmas morning. The paps that we love to hate will have uploaded many many pictures to open PRESENTS!!!
    Hehe, it is a bit like that But I'm still waiting on my presents!! Lol

Its nearly 2:30pm here, but 9:20 in LA so they've been married for a couple of hours now...thats so awesome!! I wonder if they'd go on a short honeymoon, or if Italy was it

I know we're all excitedly twitching hoping for pics, video or even a crumb of wedding cake to appear on the net but.....

Im really happy for Ellen and Portia that they've been able to have their special day without it turning into a media frenzy. They obviously wanted it to be an intimate and private occasion shared with only those close to them.
    Im not obsessed ~ just very very focused

Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast