Page 3 of 369 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Ellen in Magazines

Here's an article I found on the us magazine site, it's about her hosting the oscars :

Ellen DeGeneres to Open Oscars With 2-Min Happy Dance

Ellen DeGeneres will host the 79th Annual Academy Awards for the first time this February, the Motion Picture Academy has announced.

"When (Oscars producer) Laura Ziskin called, I was thrilled," DeGeneres said in a released statement. "There's two things I've always wanted to do in my life. One is to host the Oscars. The second is to get a call from Laura Ziskin. You can imagine that day's diary entry."

Past Oscar hosts include Billy Crystal, Steve Martin, Chris Rock and Jon Stewart. DeGeneres has honed her hosting duties with past gigs emceeing the Emmy Awards in 2001 and 2005.

Her morning chat show, The Ellen DeGeneres Show, has won three Emmy awards for Outstanding Talk Show. Her sitcom Ellen aired from 1994 to 1998 and won her a Peabody Award for writing an episode in which her character disclosed that she was gay.

"Ellen DeGeneres was born to host the Academy Awards," Ziskin said in a statement. "There is no more challenging hosting job in show business. It requires someone who can keep the show alive and fresh and moving, as well as someone who is a flat-out great entertainer. Ellen completely fits the bill."
    Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. So lets all get wasted and have the time of our lives!

And the photo that went with it :

Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. So lets all get wasted and have the time of our lives!

:lol: i love that picture

thanks, charly
    "I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother.
    She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that." ~E.D.

hi,

yea i loved that pictures also,that was pretty cool 8) Thanks for sharing it.

-Dawn

"It hit me... you are out of rum. If you are quiet it will come." E.D.

wow...lovely pictures...thanks! I just love her broad smile.. :-D
    'A smile from ellen a day, keeps the blues away...' :lol:

Ellen-Fan

For those living in the UK, is there someone who can scan this magazine with Ellen on the cove of Jan 2007 DIVA issue...

http://www.divamag.co.uk/diva/features.asp?AID=2075

"You know I'm close, I'll always keep my promises. I'll always listen when you talk to me, And I'll always hear you. Yeah" Ellen Theme Song

I'm waiting for my copy to arrive still....I can't scan but i will type it up when i get it if thats any good?
    Card carrying member *I heart Brian fanclub* and proud!

"i always like to end with a compliment about my ass..so see ya!"

Ellen-Fan

Quote Originally Posted by soozi
    I'm waiting for my copy to arrive still....I can't scan but i will type it up when i get it if thats any good?
    Thank you, that would be great.

"You know I'm close, I'll always keep my promises. I'll always listen when you talk to me, And I'll always hear you. Yeah" Ellen Theme Song

Page 3 of 369 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast