Thread: The Members Project

Default The Members Project

I found an article saying that Ellen is in a spot for Amex's "The Members Project." It debuted yesterday (6/01), but I have no idea where. If you get a clip of it or any info about it, post it here! Also, Ellen is on the Advisory Panel for the Project, so she's on their website. http://www.membersproject.com/meet-the-panel.htm

Here's the artice:
    http://sev.prnewswire.com/banking-fi...1062007-1.html

Martin Scorsese Directs Andre Agassi, Sheryl Crow, Ellen DeGeneres, Alicia Keys and Shaun White in New American Express(R) Campaign for 'The Members Project'

High-Profile American Express Cardmembers Join Together To Inspire Big Ideas

NEW YORK, June 1 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- American Express has united some of its high-profile Cardmembers for the next iteration of the "Are you a Cardmember?" campaign to highlight the Company's unique online initiative called The Members Project. The Members Project (http://www.membersproject.com/) enables American Express Cardmembers to come together as a community to submit project ideas for making a positive impact in the world, rate and discuss their ideas and ultimately vote and choose one idea that American Express will help bring to life with up to $5 million.

The new spot, debuting today, brings together tennis great Andre Agassi, singer/songwriter Sheryl Crow, comedian and talk show host Ellen DeGeneres, singer Alicia Keys, and professional snowboarder and skateboarder Shaun White as they share their ideas on how to make a positive impact in the world. The spot is directed by Martin Scorsese who also comes from behind the camera for a cameo appearance.

"Since its launch in May, The Members Project has grown organically through word-of-mouth and has taken its shape from the Cardmembers who have already contributed more than 2,000 project ideas to make a positive impact in the world," said John Hayes, Chief Marketing Officer, American Express. "We now move into the next phase of The Members Project and have united some high- profile Cardmembers for a national campaign to really maximize the impact. The commercial, called affectionately 'the alumni spot' because so many of the talent featured have appeared in American Express campaigns before, will encourage Cardmembers to join The Members Project whether to submit a project idea or support bringing the winning idea to life."

The Members Project campaign, the next installment of the "Are you a Cardmember?" series, will air on cable and network national television beginning June 1. The Members Project television spot will use the line "You don't have to be famous to make a difference -- just a Cardmember" and, in addition to high-profile Cardmembers, will feature "Tim from the office next door" to demonstrate that all Cardmembers are part of a community that together can make a big impact.

About The Members Project

The Members Project and the overarching "Are you a Cardmember?" campaign highlight the value of being a Cardmember and being part of the American Express Cardmember community. With The Members Project, Cardmembers are asked to log-on to http://www.membersproject.com/ where from now through June 17 they can register, discuss, and submit project ideas on how to make a positive impact in the world. Beginning July 3 voting will begin on the top 50 ideas to choose the winning idea that American Express will help bring to life with up to $5 million.

Since launching May 15, more than 2,000 project ideas have been registered on the site ranging from healthcare to the environment to education to the arts.

Thanks for the infos!
    LOVE, MICHAELA!
    laugh. dance. laugh more.

I caught the end of the commercial today when my mom and I went to visit my dad.

I think it is running on the History channel in the U.S.
    James

Is it just me or do you hear the sound of tweets too? What about facing a book?

Ellen-Fan

Member project commercial
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ykz5dGurTCA

"You know I'm close, I'll always keep my promises. I'll always listen when you talk to me, And I'll always hear you. Yeah" Ellen Theme Song

Quote Originally Posted by pink_devil
    Hey, thank's very much for the link.... like it!!

Saw the commercial this morning..too bad Ellen only has one line! lol
    "I Think The Most Beautiful Thing About This Relationship, Is That She Makes Me Better." ~Ellen~

Quote Originally Posted by KellyD
    Saw the commercial this morning..too bad Ellen only has one line! lol
    It is a rather interesting line though...
    James

Is it just me or do you hear the sound of tweets too? What about facing a book?

I just saw it air during "House." And I didn't notice that someone had already put up the link :P

I think it could've used more Ellen though. I gotta have more cowbell-- I mean Ellen.

Someone just put up a slightly better quality version of the commercial on YouYube. It's here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BuCBTn6_L4