Page 4 of 210 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Ellen In The News

Opinions are allowed, which can sometimes be less than desirable.
    James

Is it just me or do you hear the sound of tweets too? What about facing a book?

Quote Originally Posted by jlilest View Post
    Opinions are allowed, which can sometimes be less than desirable.
    well, that's true. but ellenderossi is right. it was totally morbid. the thought of ellen or portia dying is...not exactly pleasant
    "I am leaving this harbor, giving urban a farewell. Its habitants seem too keen on God. I cannot stomach their rights and wrongs..." Wanderlust by Björk http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJRiBDMfrTU

~Vanessa~

Tyra Doesn't Just have her Talkshow,She also has America's next top model,and she is also an actress.

I know we all love to see Ellen on lists, and we like to see her high on those lists because we place her high on our own pedestals, but I don't really think Ellen worries too much about where she is on a list.

I mean, the woman gets paid around $20 million a year, JUST for TEDS!! And she is a spokesperson for AMEX, and now a spokesperson for CoverGirl, which I believe I read somewhere is paying her about $1 million or a little more a year to do that, AND she owns part of Halo Pet Food Company. Just a few years ago, she was listed to be worth $65 million!! And that figure has probably gone up a little since then. If I had her money, not only would I throw mine away like David Spade, but I would not worry about a list.

Of course, I don't have her money so I'll be like everyone else here and worry about where she is on the lists. I guess my point was, Ellen being who she is, which is completely grounded and sweet and down-to-earth and giving, is probably not worried about where she places on a list when she wakes up in the morning or when she goes to bed at night.

I need to stop rambling, I'm supposed to be working on PR crap right now.

President & Proud Shortie of the EDSHFC!!

Laugh!,
    Nicole

Quote Originally Posted by AnastasiaBeavrhausen View Post
    Hopefully an explanation can help in some way... then people can understand... lol
    Good luck with that.

I think those are funny cigarettes you are smoking.

Unreachable

Quote Originally Posted by tippie View Post
    Good luck with that.

I think those are funny cigarettes you are smoking.
    Funny? Mine only have nicotine in them... and a lot of bad stuff too! But drug free... not really but legal... you know what I mean! LOL!!!!!

Tennison

Quote Originally Posted by maria loi View Post
    She is way too astute for me!
    She certainly is....
    Quote Originally Posted by maria loi
    I hope Portia de rossi loves her till she dies. Well, she is older, and presumably Ellen dies before Portia!
    The way you spell Portia's full name is very interesting...with the lower case "r" on "rossi".
    I seem to recall seeing it spelt that exact way quite recently...
    Warm regards,
    Maria Loi
    Warm regards about the possible death of loved ones?
    Hmm, I doubt even Dexter would leave that calling card.

Quote Originally Posted by vanblue2003 View Post
    well, that's true. but ellenderossi is right. it was totally morbid. the thought of ellen or portia dying is...not exactly pleasant
    I agree with you Vanblue.
    I love your signature! I nearly fell outta my chair when she said that. It still cracks me up. It was not only the word pen**ly ( I gotta watch myself)speaking, but the way she said it
    "..If music be the food of love, then play on."

I don't think that the rules cover mentioning that people aren't immortal, even if it was said in a much less tasteful way.

Perhaps not paying so much attention to her posts would make a difference.

You never know why people post what they post.
    James

Is it just me or do you hear the sound of tweets too? What about facing a book?

I guess this is where different people from different backgrounds have different definitions and perceptions of what is the norm and what is abnorm. Something we should ALL seriously think about before we act.......

"Watch your thoughts,
    for they become words.
    Choose your words ,
    for they become actions.
    Understand your actions,
    for they become habits.
    Study your habits,
    for they will become your character.
    Develop your character,
    for it becomes your destiny."
    Last edited by Jats; 04-10-2009 at 01:32 PM.

Page 4 of 210 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast