Page 1 of 210 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Ellen In The News

Unreachable

Default Ellen In The News

This is pretty cool... lets have a thread for Ellen's news! I couldnt find one so if there is one, a mod will combine them...

http://lezgetreal.com/?p=7915

Thanks Susan! I got this in a Google Alert. It says the girl who wrote this short bit is a high school graduate. It just hurts me to see how many grammatical errors are in that article. And she's a high school graduate...did I mention that!

I'm sorry, I guess it's the writer in me...I'm just a grammar nut. But congrats to Ellen...LOL!!

President & Proud Shortie of the EDSHFC!!

Laugh!,
    Nicole

And this time, it isn't me who points out the spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.

What I noticed was that she made it sound like TEDS is on the air since the 1980s and that Ellen came out in the 4th season of TEDS. But then I thought so what! She's 19, and good for her that she has someone like Ellen to admire and write about.

omg i was like 2 seconds away from making this thread yesturday, i was like looking all over um where am i suppose to post news about ellen, so i dont have to keep making a new thread, since portia has one lol.

thanks for this

Unreachable

Yeah it wasnt that great of an article, but it was an excuse to make a thread about Ellen LOL! And she called her Ms. DeGeneres.... HOW DARE YOU!

AB I was just gonna make a note anout that. She already mentiond that she got married, so why call her Ms. !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AnastasiaBeavrhausen View Post
    This is pretty cool... lets have a thread for Ellen's news! I couldnt find one so if there is one, a mod will combine them...

http://lezgetreal.com/?p=7915
    Thanxx

"Celesbian " I don't know why I have this smile on my fave!!!

Ms at one point was used for single or married.

I think that it was considered a bad thing to distinguish married from single.

I was rather little at the time Ms came into use, so I'm a bit fuzzy about the details.

I suppose it was sort of a cultural symbol that a woman went from being a Miss to being her husband's wife or something and Ms symbolized a woman being free of that.
    James

Is it just me or do you hear the sound of tweets too? What about facing a book?

I took a class last semester and we talked about stuff like this. I think it's actually appropriate to still refer to a person as Ms. even if they're married, but I think it's if you're inviting someone to a party or wedding or some kind of special event, and you know the person personally. She made a lot of other errors besides this one so it doesn't matter.

President & Proud Shortie of the EDSHFC!!

Laugh!,
    Nicole

I would think the idea is to go with the one that the person prefers.

Some people like Miss/Mrs and others prefer Ms.

Ms. doesn't indicate marital status where Miss/Mrs does.
    James

Is it just me or do you hear the sound of tweets too? What about facing a book?

Quote Originally Posted by jlilest View Post
    I would think the idea is to go with the one that the person prefers.

Some people like Miss/Mrs and others prefer Ms.

Ms. doesn't indicate marital status where Miss/Mrs does.
    I Prefer Ms. Nobody Knows if I'm Available or spoken for.Just the way I like it.

Page 1 of 210 1231151101 ... LastLast