Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Girlfriend before Anne?

neffig

Quote Originally Posted by xpective View Post
    I'm sure she's faithful... but four years is hardly a long-term relationship, relatively speaking, people spend more time in college.... and does it strike anyone else as odd that she was with whoever for four years, Anne for 3/4; Alex for 3/4..... If those last two hadn't ended for dramatic reasons... I would be concerned about Portia. For someone faithful, she sure has gotten around. I'm not insulting her... but it's the same thing with real estate and dog adoption. Stability and a home life are not her strongpoints. She's a little A.D.D. it seems. Of course, it's also what makes her a brilliant comedienne... to live in the moment. I say more power to her... and I'm glad they're not having kids. As someone who was shifted from house to house and town to town growing up... I find it makes me less inclined to commit to people for more than a couple of years.... and Ellen was shifted around a lot too... it creates habitual restlessness. But the romantic in me wants to believe that two people can spend their whole lives together. That still happens, right?
    I totally agree with you 3 or 4 years is not what I would consider a long term commitment....I agree too that the A.D.D. is her strength and her weakness...I worked for someone with A..D.D and I can't think of any project that he stuck with for longer than about 3 years...very creative...inventive...energentic...restless...mad e lots of money, but very hard to work for... Her serial monogamist comment was good insight on her part and no kids is a really a good decision for them.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by zoeak View Post
    Looking at Ellen's track record, I don't necessarily think E&P are gonna make it...
    You never know. Sometimes you meet someone and your days of looking for "something else", or patterns of being scared and self-sabotaging behaviour just end. Happened with a friend of mine: she had 3 relationships, each of 4 years, then met her current partner and hasn't looked back since (they've been together for 8 years...). I don't think monogamy is necessarily written in our genetic make-up as humans (this, coming from someone who has been in the same fabulous relationship for 4 years!), but there seems to be some strong evidence for it. Whether or not this is it for E&P, may they live hapily ever after either together or as the sexy, strong, deliciously smart women that they are
    "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar" - Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by freudscigar View Post
    You never know. Sometimes you meet someone and your days of looking for "something else", or patterns of being scared and self-sabotaging behaviour just end. Happened with a friend of mine: she had 3 relationships, each of 4 years, then met her current partner and hasn't looked back since (they've been together for 8 years...). I don't think monogamy is necessarily written in our genetic make-up as humans (this, coming from someone who has been in the same fabulous relationship for 4 years!), but there seems to be some strong evidence for it. Whether or not this is it for E&P, may they live hapily ever after either together or as the sexy, strong, deliciously smart women that they are
    Exactly. Time will tell...
    "Can you use the phrase 'closer to fine' in a sentence?"

quisque comoedum est

Quote Originally Posted by zoeak View Post
    The magazine asks her that between Anne, then Alex, now Portia 'does she worry about getting a reputation as something of a womanizer?' and Ellen answers 'I see myself as more of a serial monogamist'. Which fits her very well.

One of my favourite jokes from her HBO specials is the ADD one; 'I know I have ADD because I don't have the patience to go and get tested to find out if I have ADD'. But hasn't she said somewhere more seriously that she thinks she has ADD? I can't remember...

Looking at Ellen's track record, I don't necessarily think E&P are gonna make it, but that's what Ellen says too, and she knows she's said it before, so only time will tell. If they do make it, then good for them!
    i have also add and bealive me its hard to be patience and keep mind at one what u do

Unreachable DegeneresDerossi2007's Avatar
    My Location is some were nice and far way
    Blog Entries

Talking

Ellen is fathfull and when it comes to love she loves.Ellen and Portia i see faith ,kindness,love,honor,greatfull,i see tow women that are in love becues i have no clue what love really means .I see real love in Ellen and Portia .Ellen and Portia in love and out.I hope some day Ellen and Portia get married.

Ellen other relashtionships i seen well only ellen knows that.
    Ellen DeGeneres is one of a kind Portia is one of a kind

Quote Originally Posted by xpective View Post
    I'm sure she's faithful... but four years is hardly a long-term relationship, relatively speaking, people spend more time in college.... and does it strike anyone else as odd that she was with whoever for four years, Anne for 3/4; Alex for 3/4..... If those last two hadn't ended for dramatic reasons... I would be concerned about Portia. For someone faithful, she sure has gotten around. I'm not insulting her... but it's the same thing with real estate and dog adoption. Stability and a home life are not her strongpoints. She's a little A.D.D. it seems. Of course, it's also what makes her a brilliant comedienne... to live in the moment. I say more power to her... and I'm glad they're not having kids. As someone who was shifted from house to house and town to town growing up... I find it makes me less inclined to commit to people for more than a couple of years.... and Ellen was shifted around a lot too... it creates habitual restlessness. But the romantic in me wants to believe that two people can spend their whole lives together. That still happens, right?
    Well, to come to Ellen's defense on this one, the break-up between Ellen and Anne wasn't Ellen's fault...she didn't break up that relationship, as far as we know! If Anne hadn't turned out to be crazy and left Ellen, who knows, they might have still been together today! But I think everything happens for a reason...and Portia was brought into her life for a reason!

President & Proud Shortie of the EDSHFC!!

Laugh!,
    Nicole

Quote Originally Posted by tcsced View Post
    Well, to come to Ellen's defense on this one, the break-up between Ellen and Anne wasn't Ellen's fault...she didn't break up that relationship, as far as we know! If Anne hadn't turned out to be crazy and left Ellen, who knows, they might have still been together today! But I think everything happens for a reason...and Portia was brought into her life for a reason!
    I don't think it's even about Anne being crazy... like Ellen, she's also a "serial monogamist" (I really like that phrase)... who has a similar 3-4 year commitment limit. Her issue seems to be that she can't tell the difference between who she is and the character she's playing.
    I mean, she got a role as a woman who moves to Alaska, buys a cabin and falls for the local hunk... so she moved to Vancouver, bought a cabin and left her family for the local hunk...
    she doesn't know who she is.... and I'm pretty sure that annoyed the crap out of Ellen (because Ellen likes strong women)... and probably contributed as much to their breakup as Celestia (which I read somewhere Anne told Ellen about within a month of their hookup - but I don't believe everything I read).
    What I really wonder is... how different would Ellen's life look if she could get married? Would her relationships have lasted longer or would she constantly have to divide her wealth?

hmmm...who cares? She's happy right now and that's all that matters! In her personal life that is...I don't know about the rest of it right now!

President & Proud Shortie of the EDSHFC!!

Laugh!,
    Nicole

There's a picture of Teresa Boyd in the book by Ellen Tracy.

I was recently going through the video I took of Betty during my Olivia cruise in October. During the Q&A portion, someone in the audience asked Betty if Ellen had ever dated anyone that she didn't approve of. Betty laughed and said, "No, not really," and then quickly stated, "Well, at the time it seemed okay..." and I'm sure she was referring to Anne. Then, she brought up the name of a girlfriend that I have never heard of before - Lisa Phillips. She said that Ellen was with Lisa either before Anne or after her, but, she said that Lisa and Ellen are still very good friends and that Lisa's partner works on TEDS. I have no idea who this person might be but I thought that was interesting.

Has anyone ever heard about Lisa?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast