Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Going to my first taping - questions

Talking Going to my first taping - questions

I have stand-by tickets for Thursday and this is my first time going to a taping since moving to LA in July. I have some quick questions for anyone that may be able to help.

What time should I show up to stand in line, since I have stand-by?
    Is the area where you would stand in line shaded (I have fair skin and burn easily)?

ummmmm....I know I had another one, but I'm drawing a blank. I'm sure I'll remember later (it's been that kind of day). any other tips would be greatly appreciated!!

hi

i would suggest getting there as early as humanly possible

and yeah, the waiting area is completely covered.
    "I am leaving this harbor, giving urban a farewell. Its habitants seem too keen on God. I cannot stomach their rights and wrongs..." Wanderlust by Björk http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJRiBDMfrTU

~Vanessa~

If you have a chance, make a t-shirt that says:

Never. Leave. Again. OR...or; You're. Back. Finally. or, Ellen. Tweeting. YAY.

sry please accept the side effects I receive after not hearing from ellen in seven days, lol

Enjoy yourself, I've never been, but if I was going, I'd be there REALLY early...just becausee...I'm slightly obsessed.

Proud Shortie of the EDSHFC!

Unreachable DegeneresDerossi2007's Avatar
    My Location is some were nice and far way
    Blog Entries

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by lalagirl77 View Post
    I have stand-by tickets for Thursday and this is my first time going to a taping since moving to LA in July. I have some quick questions for anyone that may be able to help.

What time should I show up to stand in line, since I have stand-by?
    Is the area where you would stand in line shaded (I have fair skin and burn easily)?

ummmmm....I know I had another one, but I'm drawing a blank. I'm sure I'll remember later (it's been that kind of day). any other tips would be greatly appreciated!!
    have a good time
    Ellen DeGeneres is one of a kind Portia is one of a kind

Not sure if you have to get there super early since you have standby tickets. They have separate line for standby and it's first-come first serve. I think they first check-in all guaranteed ticket holders, then standby.

Either way, do prepare to stay at the covered holding area (parking lot) for at least couple of hours.

Have fun!

Thanks to everyone for the replies!! I'm very excited about the show and will make it a point to get there real early.

Thanks again...y'all rock!!

I'm not sure if they do it for standby tickets, but they may be able to get you tickets to a taping that you will be able to get in the audience for.

I have heard that they do that for people that end up in the riff raff room.
    James

Is it just me or do you hear the sound of tweets too? What about facing a book?

Unreachable

And in the waiting area, they have it in a garage, with Manny serving food and refreshments, there are plenty of places to sit and they show Ellen episodes.

Have a great time!

Quote Originally Posted by jlilest View Post
    I'm not sure if they do it for standby tickets, but they may be able to get you tickets to a taping that you will be able to get in the audience for.

I have heard that they do that for people that end up in the riff raff room.
    If you do not get into the audience when you are on standby - an audience person will come by and talk to you in the riff raff room and offer you to come back to another taping and you will get guaranteed seats for that one.

The riff raff room is lots of fun. I have been in it a couple of time and still had a blast!

Unreachable

Quote Originally Posted by tippie View Post
    The riff raff room is lots of fun. I have been in it a couple of time and still had a blast!
    The only thing is that you dont get BIG prizes from the RR ROOM, maybe a DVD or a CD, but its still LOTS of fun. When I was there, Ellen came into the RR ROOM, about 2 feet from me... I died!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast