Thread: Stanby at the WB

Default Stanby at the WB

Hey guys,

I think I already know this answer, but just thought I'd throw it out there.

Has anyone gone standby at Warner Bros.?

I have standby tickets for Monday, 11 May, and I'm trying to figure out what time I should be there to be the first standby person.

Wondering if 8:00 is early enough??? Too early???

Any thoughts/suggestions?

m

awwwe you lucky gal you. 8 a.m. should be early enough.
    live.dance.tweet
    http://twitter.com/Katebigalk

legalize gay marriage petition
    http://www.PetitionOnline.com

Unreachable DegeneresDerossi2007's Avatar
    My Location is some were nice and far way
    Blog Entries

Talking Have fun

Have a good time .tell us all about it
    Ellen DeGeneres is one of a kind Portia is one of a kind

im a little slow on the whole getting into talk shows (never been to one before) but as far as ellen's show, what does standby mean? is that being in the riff raff room or is it something different, i just wanna get all my knowledge up because im tryin to get tickets for decemeber which is highly impossible as it is but ill take w.e i can get, its the only time ill be in the l.a area. so im gonna try hard

Stand-by tickets are for the Riff-Raff room.

If they don't fill the seats, they take people from the Riff-Raff room to fill the seats.

Sometimes you get some of the stuff that they give away to the audience.

They make an effort to get you a ticket for a future show.
    Sometimes if you are there for the first taping on Thursday, you may get into the second taping.
    James

Is it just me or do you hear the sound of tweets too? What about facing a book?

Thanks James. one more quick question - do people in the riff raff room ever get to see ellen in person or just on screen in there ??

Do they only give out a certain amount of tickets or something cuz i would think they would 'sell out' the audience seats before they give out standby tickets

They have seats that they give to VIP's, then they have confirmed seats, and finally stand-by seats.

There are a fixed number of seats, 300 from what I have read, inside, but they often set-up folding chairs across the back rows and where the dunk tank was at.

Ellen has sometimes gone into the Riff-Raff room, but I don't think she always does that. It may not be very often at all.
    James

Quote Originally Posted by jlilest View Post

Ellen has sometimes gone into the Riff-Raff room, but I don't think she always does that. It may not be very often at all.
    Here are some actual data points on the topic. Ellen has come into the Riff Raff Room 3 out of 6 tapings I have been at. When I was in the Riff Raff room she came in and gave me a high five while I was dancing.

she goes in there when she dances? do they cut out alot of her dancing when it airs? also i noticed that msot the time they come back from commercial breaks everyone is standing/sitting down, do yall dance on commercial breaks? or does ellen ever say anything or is it just silent til they come back live.

If you mean the audience dance at the start of the show, no there isn't time.

They have people dance during the commercial breaks.

There is a bit of a dance contest with people from different sections. The winner gets one of the I danced with Ellen T-shirts.

If you watch the audience camera during a taping you can see it.

You can also look at the audience camera videos I post on my YouTube account (jlilest) and see it. Watching the camera 2 and 3 combination may make it easier to tell what is going on.
    James