Thread: READ THIS... FAIRNESS INFO!

Blog Entries

Default READ THIS... FAIRNESS INFO!

Hi,

it takes me down when I see what happens to this board . Okay, it's not the first time I banned someone but in the last 3 weeks it was a little bit to often :huh:.

So, here's my petition:
    "PLEASE don't "fight" here" :twisted:! I can't say it as often as I can but this is an Ellen board and not only Ellen... Ellen's girlfriend Portia is a part of Ellen and I can't imagine that Ellen or friends of her are amused when they look in this forum (when she do so) and see what "stupid crap" is posted about Portia. What will you think, when this will happen to you and your partner?!?!?

I don't point at any person... you/our opinions are free but this board is for Ellen and her family (Portia is her family!). So I/we will not accept rude postings or comments. When you can't life with this, please look for another forum or write fair and reputable.

Okay, I hope you understand what I want to say! Sorry, but my English is not good enough for a better explanation.

So, I hope this was/is my last "warning-posting" :roll: :!:
    Greetings... Vizitor -> Webmaster -> Ellen-DeGeneres.com

Ellen-Fan
    Zeist, in a far away country called....Holland..

I totally agree. None of us personally know Portia (I think) so i think it isn't fair to post so many negative comments towards her, as she isn't here to defend herself.

We all joined this board because we like Ellen. Why can't we just get over this whole Ellen/Portia thing? If this makes them happy, why can't we then be happy with that?

This board was meant for Ellen fans to talk in a nice way about this great person, so why don't we just do so, instead of posting all those negative comments??
    "Never let go what you believe in. Do never let people make you think you're something you're not

"Be Strong, Speak True, and Spread the Peace"-MLE

Just a suggestion - in my opinion, those attempting to keep things above board around here should try as far as possible to remain beyond reproach themselves. Using inappropriate language means that it's then hypocritical to correct others when they do the same.

crap - (Vulgar Slang)

n 1: obscene terms for feces [syn: dirt, shit, shite, poop, turd] 2: obscene words for unacceptable behavior; "I put up with a lot of bullshit from that jerk"; "what he said was mostly bull" [syn: bullshit, bull, Irish bull, horseshit, shit, dogshit] v : have a bowel movement; "The dog had made in the flower beds" [syn: stool, defecate, shit, take a shit, take a crap, ca-ca, make]

nice one, viz.

It shouldn't have come to you having to make a post like this but some things were generally getting out of hand.

bettyboop, i think you have to bear in mind that english isnt vizitor's first language and he did use inverted commas when saying the phrase "stupid crap" just as an example

It must be hellofa hard running a website as it is, without having to keep an eye on literally thousands of people posting on that website's forum.. and he does a great job considering! thanks viz!! :mrgreen:
    ~~~ Just Keep Swimming ~~~

I accept that some nuance might be lost in translation ( you'll remember the recent directions about photoshopped images - do not post crap - no inverted commas incidentally. This almost begged the question; please define 'crap' )
    But actually, the point of my post was more by way of pointing this out for consideration so as avoid the same mistake in the future.
    I run a couple of large portal websites myself, and know that you can never be too careful. Users are not dumb and one day this sort of thing will come back to haunt you.

Quote Originally Posted by bettyboop
    you'll remember the recent directions about photoshopped images - do not post crap

Hey, I apologized about the photoshop images so can we move on with that? I talked to Vizitor and we had a very nice discussion that was very professional about the images that were made. And I begged her to please delete them from the forum alltogether. I love photoshop and I was just having some fun... so I'll just make other things

Portia is of course, part of Ellen's life, but that does NOT mean I have to like her or even say how awesome she is when I think she is NOT awesome at all. Everyone is aware of my opinion of her... I refuse to be forced to like her just because she is part of Ellen's family... don't you have a family member you just can't stand and you talk about them behind their back? Yeah, thought so. HOWEVER, I will say this... unless its absolutely needed, I will talk about how much I dislike Portia and will have negative opinions towards her... I'm sorry if you don't like that, but that's how it is... So, I'm willing to move on, if maybe you Portia lovers will move on and get over the fact that there are actual people that don't like her.

I just want to play nice and have some fun okay?

So today, someone scared me at work on purpose and my boss was standing right there and I used the "F" word very loudly... he just stopped and looked at me and I smiled and said... ya know, when people scare me on purpose, I tend to curse... and usually, its not a nice word...

He forgave me!

So please, lets forgive and forget... smile, have fun, be encouraging to each other and understand we have a huge amount of people in these forums with many differences... especially in age... so keep in mind, I'm the old fart
    ~~"I don't think I need buns of steel... I just want buns of cinnamon" - Ellen Morgan, Ellen

Where's the love ya'll?? Seriously though, none of us really know Ellen or Portia personally. We only know what the media wants us to know, which can sometimes be blown way out of proportion and sometimes just down right false. I think we need to keep this in mind when we form opinions or make judgements. Sound good? Alright!! Lets share the love. :inlove: