Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Website Updates finished

Blog Entries

Exclamation Website Updates finished

I'm happy to announce, that I finished the website/forum update (as you can see).

There're MANY changes and goodies to discover. So, give yourself some time to check out all new content/stuff, before you start to ask .

Here's a quick overview what you have to do/expect:

IMPORTANT:
    1.) On the Portal and Forum Indexpage click "CTRL + R"! This is to refresh your browsers-cache. It can take some pageloads if all new graphics are loaded/refreshed.

2.) You have to reupload your avatar (check out the updated Forumrules relating to avatar & signature size!). Misplaced avatars will be removed.

3.) Check your signature! See updated Forumrules for more informations. Misplaced signatures will be removed.

4.) Check your timezone offset (scroll down)! This is VERY important!

5.) The ammount of Private Messages in your mailbox is limited now. So, check your mailbox and delete some messages if necessary.

6.) Some usernames/handles are a little bit to long... so some threads will not show correctly. I'll fix this in the next days.

OPTIONAL:
    - You've the ability to play games (including highscores and more) now. Instructions how to play you can find there.

- There's also a calendar system available now. I don't know if we can use it... it was included .

- When you found a thread which includes a (dead) link to the old forum (modules.php?name=Forums) please send me or an Moderator a Private Messages including a link to this thread. So I can fix the link.

- The new Chat-System is also online. Just click on the "FlashChat" link in the navigationbar (on top). You will be automatically logged in with your forum account. Note: You need a FLASH plugin for your browser! In most cases this is already installed.

- NOTE: You can use your account to login into the forum (this one) and you can login into the portal (for uploading images into the gallery, Submit News/Downloads/Web_Links, Usermap or use the polls). So, there're two different logins... portal and forum. Sorry, I try to fix this circumstance as soon as possible.

Last words...
    During the next few days I'll do some more (small) updates. These will be more cosmetic changes. The core system is running well!

If you find a bug or you think something is wrong, please post it in this thread (please no PM).

If you want to know... It took me around 100 hours (all together) for all changes (design, system, update).

Okay... I hope you have fun with the new website. I'll be more often Online now .
    Greetings... Vizitor -> Webmaster -> Ellen-DeGeneres.com

Default Great Site

Hello everyone!

I have been lurking on this site for a few months now, and boy what a pleasant suprise when I searched the site this afternoon. This site is amazingly gorgeous now. You all seem to be such wonderful people and I hope to find some folks that love and adore Ellen and Portia as much as I do.

Once again, fantastic site and I look forward to "meeting" some of you in the future days!

Edit by Admin: Thanks . BTW: I moved your thread into this thread.

Thumbs up

Vizitor, thank you so much for the time and energy you put into this for all of us! It has turned out beautifully and I'm very excited to use the new features!!!! You are the greatest!
    "We cannot talk about values in America until we value all Americans."
    --Melissa Etheridge

Quote Originally Posted by searching007 View Post
    Vizitor, thank you so much for the time and energy you put into this for all of us! It has turned out beautifully and I'm very excited to use the new features!!!! You are the greatest!
    Excellent job, Vizitor! I really like the new format! It will take some getting used to but I think it's a definite improvement. Thanks so much for your hard work and dedication!

Blog Entries

Thanks . You'll see, in a few days you know "anything" from the new forum and you'll love it.

Okay, I'm going to bed now. After 8 hours updating, I'm really tired. Good N8... cUL8er !
    Greetings... Vizitor -> Webmaster -> Ellen-DeGeneres.com

Thumbs up

I like it i like it. Very nice.
    Great Job.
    THANK YOU!

-JadedPeach
    Aloha means we welcome you -It means more than words can say -Aloha means good luck to you -Good night at the close of day -It's just like a love song -With its haunting sweet refrain -Bringingyou Joy -Bringingyou pain -Aloha means farewell to you -Until we meet again

Thanks for the hard work vizitor.

There is something I have to ask about, I have noticed that the forum time is about 12 minutes fast. I was just wondering about that. (Please excuse someone that has their network synchronized and set by atomic clock.)
    James

Is it just me or do you hear the sound of tweets too? What about facing a book?

Thanks so much for all your hard work!

I can't wait to get to know the site again.

m

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ohyeaah View Post
    Thanks so much for all your hard work!

I can't wait to get to know the site again.

m

yea thank you very much for all the hard work, it`s great

Quote Originally Posted by jlilest View Post
    Thanks for the hard work vizitor.

There is something I have to ask about, I have noticed that the forum time is about 12 minutes fast. I was just wondering about that. (Please excuse someone that has their network synchronized and set by atomic clock.)
    I have noticed that too.

Sometimes it bugs me.

m

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast