Thread: I need your help (englisch text)

Default I need your help (englisch text)

I am not sure if this text is grammatically correct. Could you please check it and point out the errors? (and what I did wrong)

THANK YOU!!!

The best TV show ever
    I think the best TV show ever is "Little house on the prairie". The series focuses on the Ingalls family who wants to build a new and better life in a little village named "Walnut Grove". The family members Ma (Caroline), Pa (Charles), Laura, Mary and Carrie experience a lot of difficulties like failed harvests, dishonest neighbours and big school bullies.

The main reason for me to watch this TV series are their values and that time is not that fast as it is nowadays. People care for each other and family is the most important value for all of them. Of course its not the realistic picture of life in the 19th century but so nice to watch.

My most favorite character is Laura Ingalls. She's the second oldest daughter and a real tomboy. She loves to run around, go fishing and has her heart in the right place. Her biggest enemy is Nelly, the store owner's daughter, who constantly picks on her because she doesn't have the finest clothes and a wealthy family. The fights between the both girls are hilarious. The one I enjoyed most was their fight in a puddle of mud.

My second favorite character is Mr. Oleson. He is the owner of the mercantile store in Walnut Grove and has such a hard time with his wife Harriet. I enjoy watching him deal with his unthankful children Nelly and Willie and his irrational and megalomanic wife.

Of course I do have a favorite episode too: The Lake Kezia Monster. I love this episode because it has so much fantasy in it. Laura, Andrew and Albert want to help their old friend Kezia who is in danger to lose her home at the lake. So they create a monster in the lake and the new owner thinks that this monster is real. I couldn't stop laughing while watching this episode.

I can recommend this series to everyone who enjoys non-action series and likes "the old" days.
    Last edited by Ronja; 03-09-2011 at 06:28 AM.
    LOVE, MICHAELA!
    laugh. dance. laugh more.

Ronja,you did not do anything wrong with the text. Anyhow i do love watching this show,its a really nice family show and i think that all of the shows have some kind of meaning to them. i love Laura and mary and Carrie as well. I loved the show where Nelly had broken her leg or something to that effect after she fell off of Bunny and Laura had to do all of her homework for her. The best part of that episode was when Laura took her up the hill and let the wheel chair roll down the hill with Nellie in it and Mrs. Olsen at the bottom of the hill screaming. That was funny. Those shows are really good family shows. I think that if you go to Hulu.com you can watch those episodes for free Ronja.

"It hit me... you are out of rum. If you are quiet it will come." E.D.

Hi,

thanks for reading it. Can't believe I didn't make a mistake.

(I have all Seasons on DVD )
    LOVE, MICHAELA!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronja View Post
    [I]I think the best TV show ever is "Little house on the prairie". The series focuses on the Ingalls family who wants to build a new and better life in a little village named "Walnut Grove". The family members Ma (Caroline), Pa (Charles), Laura, Mary and Carrie experience a lot of difficulties like failed harvests, dishonest neighbours and big school bullies.
    I would add a comma after neighbours to maintain the list structure. In U.S. English that would be neighbors, but that is probably not an issue.

The main reason for me to watch this TV series are their values and that time is not that fast as it is nowadays.
    Since you are giving more than one reason, I would suggest "main reasons".
    I would also suggest "and that time did not move as fast then as now."

My most favorite character is Laura Ingalls.
    I would suggest dropping "most".

I enjoy watching him deal with his unthankful children Nelly and Willie and his irrational and megalomanic wife.
    I believe that should be "megalomaniac"

I hope this helps you.
    James

Is it just me or do you hear the sound of tweets too? What about facing a book?

THANKS James!!!! You really helped!!

Never knew that one can write neighbour and neighbor
    LOVE, MICHAELA!

When it comes to the U.S. and the U.K., two countries divided by a common language.
    James

Is it just me or do you hear the sound of tweets too? What about facing a book?