Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who are you? Reveal yourself

Question Who are you? Reveal yourself

Not sure if there's already a thread like this...to be honest, search bars frighten me, so if there is, feel free to lock and delete mods

Just thought we could all share some brief info about who we are and share a pic or 2 if wanted....

Wat ya'll think?

Talz
    R.I.P. Mumma! 1/3/1956 ~ 21/5/2007 I'll never stop loving you! Ellen thankyou for saving my life...
    "All we have is Here and Now, and that's why procrastination feels so right ;)" Mrs Ellen DeGeneres
    http://www.facebook.com/TaliaDG

There is a thread for pictures, although I don't think it directly goes into telling about yourself.

Pics of oneself!

And my post...
    Me...
    James

Is it just me or do you hear the sound of tweets too? What about facing a book?

Hey! I like this thread, people get to become closer from here
    well my name is Mahsima (pronounced: masima or macema or masema or masima) lol my name looks hard to pronouce but it isnt really, anyway.. i know 3 languages french, english (obviously) and farsi, i cannot live without ellen, family, music i am zoroastrian (its a very old persian religion) and im a very cultural person i was born in canada,, and i am in grade 9., i play the cello, i love to dance, and play tennis and skate, i collect quotes...and...um.... what else would you like me to say?
    heres a pic of me from a few months ago.., i think i already posted it in the other thread..
    do i have to mention that i loove this site?
    Last edited by 3llen; 02-07-2008 at 09:28 PM.

Hey Mahsima,

Thanks for sharing yourself with us/me. You do have a very interesting name indeed!! It also sounds like you have many interests which is always a good thing. Nice pic btw
    R.I.P. Mumma! 1/3/1956 ~ 21/5/2007 I'll never stop loving you! Ellen thankyou for saving my life...
    "All we have is Here and Now, and that's why procrastination feels so right ;)" Mrs Ellen DeGeneres
    http://www.facebook.com/TaliaDG

Quote Originally Posted by taliootz View Post
    Hey Mahsima,

Thanks for sharing yourself with us/me. You do have a very interesting name indeed!! It also sounds like you have many interests which is always a good thing. Nice pic btw
    thank you

i have been a lurker for AGES but have finally registered
    i am Danielle, 17 years old, live in London
    i am the bottom person on the pic on the left, with my best friend holly
    i am applying to study medicine next year at university
    erm.......i can't live without Grey's Anatomy
    think thats all
    oh and HI EVERYONE!
    *McDreamy's Intern*

i'll spread my wings and i'll learn how to fly
    i'll do what it takes till i touch the sky

KELLY CLARKSON 26/03/2008 :D

hey, well i'm Char, i just kinda lurk around, but i love the humour of this place i'm from london...but dont judge me on that...lol

~That would be me on the right of the pic
    "Ellen honey, We've never liked you as much as the other children.....So we've sold you to a tribe of Iroquois Indians...."

Default Jooni-Jahn!

Quote Originally Posted by 3llen View Post
    i know 3 languages french, english (obviously) and farsi, i cannot live without ellen, family, music i am zoroastrian (its a very old persian religion)
    My name is "v" [though everyone calls me "V" (but, it's actually pronounced "vee"). lol] I know how to say "please" and "thank you" in 20 or 30 languages, can get by without a translator in 3 or 4, and speak sign language [and cat], daily. My first language is English...

This post caught my eye because I'm a Persiaholic. I loveloveLOVE the Persian people, Persian food, the Persian people, Persian music, Persian children, Persian actors and comedians, Persian art, the Persian people, Persian poetry, Persian humor, the Persian people, Farsi...and, did I mention the Persian people? There's even more [including, but of course, Persian cats (and the Persian people)]. Oh, how I WISH I were fluent in Farsi, touleh-sag a man. ;-)

Not surprisingly, I would guess, I've spent a lot of time, recently, trying to pass my love of "all things Persian" to other Americans, at this critical juncture. One of the ways in which I've hoped to achieve this end is through a "cartoon" which is linked to one of the absolute BEST "ambassadors for Persians" I've ever found.

One of the first things I noticed when with Persians is that they reminded me very much of Italians [whom I also tend to adore] -- except, they giggle! Often! Even the men!!! It is the most breathtakingly endearing phenomenon. If Americans could sit down with Persians for just one night of hok'm and shishpesh, we would never "fear" nor "hate" them, again. It would be impossible!

I won't repeat it in the body of this message, because the url is in my sig, but I really hope everyone who sees this will go to my blog and look at the second cartoon [the Persian cat], then click to be transported -- in more ways than one. This guy is so "typically Persian," to me, that I could eat him like kashk bottomjan. And he "explains" Persians better than anyone else I've ever seen. Run, don't walk! lol

HEILLY mamnoun for being a pretty good "ambassador," yourself, Mahsima! Very glad to see you in this group. Hodofus, minoo!
    WHO THE WILD THINGS ARE
    2muchcat.com
    2much@2muchcat.com

Quote Originally Posted by 2muchcat View Post
    My name is "v" [though everyone calls me "V" (but, it's actually pronounced "vee"). lol] I know how to say "please" and "thank you" in 20 or 30 languages, can get by without a translator in 3 or 4, and speak sign language [and cat], daily. My first language is English...

This post caught my eye because I'm a Persiaholic. I loveloveLOVE the Persian people, Persian food, the Persian people, Persian music, Persian children, Persian actors and comedians, Persian art, the Persian people, Persian poetry, Persian humor, the Persian people, Farsi...and, did I mention the Persian people? There's even more [including, but of course, Persian cats (and the Persian people)]. Oh, how I WISH I were fluent in Farsi, touleh-sag a man. ;-)

Not surprisingly, I would guess, I've spent a lot of time, recently, trying to pass my love of "all things Persian" to other Americans, at this critical juncture. One of the ways in which I've hoped to achieve this end is through a "cartoon" which is linked to one of the absolute BEST "ambassadors for Persians" I've ever found.

One of the first things I noticed when with Persians is that they reminded me very much of Italians [whom I also tend to adore] -- except, they giggle! Often! Even the men!!! It is the most breathtakingly endearing phenomenon. If Americans could sit down with Persians for just one night of hok'm and shishpesh, we would never "fear" nor "hate" them, again. It would be impossible!

I won't repeat it in the body of this message, because the url is in my sig, but I really hope everyone who sees this will go to my blog and look at the second cartoon [the Persian cat], then click to be transported -- in more ways than one. This guy is so "typically Persian," to me, that I could eat him like kashk bottomjan. And he "explains" Persians better than anyone else I've ever seen. Run, don't walk! lol

HEILLY mamnoun for being a pretty good "ambassador," yourself, Mahsima! Very glad to see you in this group. Hodofus, minoo!
    wow, thank you so much! that really touched me.
    i LOVE my culture too, but me and everybody in Iran HATE's iran's government and nobody in Iran agrees with them so its sad because a lot of places in the world think that us persians are like our gov. when we completely contradict everyting our government and president says... so hope i clear that out. and yes i love kasht e bottomjoun too again, thank you

Default Plus Ca Change...

wow, thank you so much! that really touched me.
    i LOVE my culture too, but me and everybody in Iran HATE's iran's government and nobody in Iran agrees with them
    Consider yourselves lucky! Unfortunately, far too many of us Americans still "agree with" our government. But we've never had to deal with the kind of unmistakeable in-house oppression Iranians have, so many of us still believe our government has our best interests at heart. That's changing, thank God.

so its sad because a lot of places in the world think that us persians are like our gov. when we completely contradict everyting our government and president says... so hope i clear that out.
    You did, indeed. See how much Americans and Persians actually have in common?! lolol I just get so sad whenever I hear one of us saying we should "nuke 'em all." We know not what we do [nor to whom we are so willing to do it]. If the PEOPLE of the world ever got together, the jig would be up for governments, everywhere. That's why we need to become acquainted, asap.

and yes i love kasht e bottomjoun too again, thank you
    Thank YOU! BTW, I make and eat kasht e bottomjoun [thanks for the spelling] almost every week -- but my favorite "old-standby" is gormeh sabzi without the gormeh [because I'm a vegetarian]. Am *very* upset, right now, because, all of a sudden, there doesn't seem to be a dried lime in the entire state of Florida. I need a minimum of 20/week just to survive! lol

I know you're an Ellen fan, but. Are you also a fan of Maz Jobrani? I hope you looked at that clip! But am guessing you've seen it, before [even though that's kind of like people thinking my brother knows (and likes) everyone who's deaf just because -- hey! he's deaf, you're deaf...how can this not be a match made in heaven! lolol].

Thanks so much for your lovely reply, Mahsima. All the best! v
    WHO THE WILD THINGS ARE
    2muchcat.com
    2much@2muchcat.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast