Thread: Life

Default Life

Well, I found out some bad news this morning. Last night, while I was at work, my sister's house caught fire. Thankfully, she wasnt home, nor was her fiance, but the entire house burnt down. They had only moved in six weeks ago, and they are getting married in 9 weeks time, so they hadnt had the chance to get home contents insurance. They lost everything, there is nothing salvagable at all so all they are left with is the clothes on their backs and their cars. So they have lost thousands and thousands of dollars worth of furniture and belongings, not to mention personal items. Luckily, she had left her wedding dress and rings at my mum's house.

We dont live in a small, close community, yet it amazes me how generous people are. My sister's fiance's dad went on the radio to talk about it, and people flooded the station with calls offering to donate clothes, furniture, necessities etc. They have also had a couple people offering to help them with their wedding, and a man has offered to duplicate all the photos they lost to the fire, free of charge.

So my sister and her fiance will be okay, they may struggle a bit at first but there are so many people rallying around them so it will get better. It just really touched me how kind strangers are; willing to donate to complete strangers. I applaud these people, and it has definitely made me be more aware of what people go through in times like these.

It has also made me think how quickly your life can change in the blink of an eye. One day everything is perfect, and the next moment things have come crashing down. I'm not posting this to get sympathy from anyone, not at all, I just feel a bit better letting it all out. I'm not a nig poster here, but I have been a member since Jan 07 and feel like you guys are my online family. But it also made me think that something like this could happen to anyone, even someone on the forum here (knock on wood). So I want to encourage each and every one of you to enjoy life. Dont take anything for granted, as it may not last. You never know when an incident may occur, so do your best to protect your assets and live life.

i feel so sad for your sister and her fiance and yet so happy that strangers have come together to help each other out. your message brought me to tears and your sister and her fiance will continue to be in my prayers until they get through this hard time. it's times like this that really bring people closer and make relationships stronger. i pray health and happiness for them. please keep us updated on how they're doing.
    kristen! *

when i'm losing my control, the city spins around
    you're the only one who knows, you slow it down <3
    xoxo

Wow! That's incredible! I'm so sorry this happened, but it's nice to hear that there are good people out there willing to help. I wish them the best of luck.

Default Life

I would just like to add that this should remind us to be grateful for the good things that life affords us each day ..