Thread: Whatcha Doin'?

Default Whatcha Doin'?

We've learned alot about eachother...Our likes - Dis-likes....But, what Do You do for a Living?

Many have talked about their jobs - This is a central place to talk - b*tch OR brag......

I work (outside of working as a booking agent) at a NO-KILL animal shelter. I have my dream Job. I Love helping these little guys find a new loving home.

I arrive at my "Job" being greeted with Cheers, Hugs and Kisses! LOVE IT!

http://www.casipet.org/

The website WILL be updated.

I think that is really great that you do that,my mom and i are trying to put our 4 cats into a no kill shelter here in North Carolina but they are full and no one wants them,so hopefully we will take them to a horse farm. See mom and i are moving and where we are moving to we cannot take our 4 cats.
    Anyhow i really do not do anything because i am on disability,so when we move i will probably find a job there.

"It hit me... you are out of rum. If you are quiet it will come." E.D.

*Takes a deep breath* I'm the community development officer for the prevention and intervention of domestic violence, indigenous family violence and child abuse, at a 'women only' health centre. (quite a job title eh?)

Where I work takes a holistic primary health approach to the well-being of women. We have councellors, nurses, run all sorts of different groups, do pregnancy tests, have a drop in area for isolated women who just want a coffee and a chat. We have a resource room with computers and a library. We advocate on women's behalf for housing & accommodation issues; welfare issues, family court issues and mental health issues. We also have a dedicated lesbian health program - for same sex attracted women; with 1 on 1 councelling, coming out groups, a lesbian only discussion group; and all sorts of social activities.

Everything we run is free of charge to the women who use our services

My role there is to liaise with the community, other health & welfare agencies, police, and criminal & family court on domestic and family violence issues. I also do research, run training and education programs, and run community awareness events for things like 'international women's day', 'Week without Violence', '16 days of no violence' and 'white ribbon day'.

Im not obsessed ~ just very very focused

Quote Originally Posted by BeNt View Post
    *Takes a deep breath* I'm the community development officer for the prevention and intervention of domestic violence, indigenous family violence and child abuse, at a 'women only' health centre. (quite a job title eh?)

Where I work takes a holistic primary health approach to the well-being of women. We have councellors, nurses, run all sorts of different groups, do pregnancy tests, have a drop in area for isolated women who just want a coffee and a chat. We have a resource room with computers and a library. We advocate on women's behalf for housing & accommodation issues; welfare issues, family court issues and mental health issues. We also have a dedicated lesbian health program - for same sex attracted women; with 1 on 1 councelling, coming out groups, a lesbian only discussion group; and all sorts of social activities.

My role there is to liaise with the community, other health & welfare agencies, police, and criminal & family court on domestic and family violence issues. I also do research, run training and education programs, and run community awareness events for things like 'international women's day', 'Week without Violence', '16 days of no violence' and 'white ribbon day'.

Do you have a website?

Bless You for what You did Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by BeNt View Post

wow that's amazing, that's what I wanted to do when I'm older. I really appreciate what you do for a living, is it volunteer? or do you get paid? (if you don't mind me asking).

Well you guys all have interesting jobs.... I'm a waitress at a little restaurant called Schmichael's. It's a nice job but it's very stressful. To all of you that have been waitresses in the past, you are all SO strong! I have developed a whole new respect for waitresses. I am eager to move on.
    http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j285/viva-forever-/ellenanimation.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Carleexx View Post
    wow that's amazing, that's what I wanted to do when I'm older. I really appreciate what you do for a living, is it volunteer? or do you get paid? (if you don't mind me asking).
    I don't mind ...I get paid (rather well). I started out doing volunteer work in the lesbian health program and then they offered me the job I do now.

Quote Originally Posted by Carleexx View Post
    Well you guys all have interesting jobs.... I'm a waitress at a little restaurant called Schmichael's. It's a nice job but it's very stressful. To all of you that have been waitresses in the past, you are all SO strong! I have developed a whole new respect for waitresses. I am eager to move on.
    I think anyone who works in the service industry is wonderful. One of my favorite people is our cleaner at work - she's usually still there when I arrive at work in the mornings - she, her trolley of cleaning gear and I always do a dance in the hallway as I try to make my way to my office - it's become 'our thing'
    Im not obsessed ~ just very very focused

Unreachable

I USED to be a graphic designer, sales person and warehouse worker until I got sick. Now I am on disability. But I work 15 hours a week at a dollar store... I love the people I work with, thats probably the only thing I love about it. Its very interesting what we sell, the customers, and what THEY buy. Its not much, but gets me out of the house and gives me extra money for medical bills... and it doesnt affect my disability... just makes my rent go up