Page 1 of 277 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbies: Say Hello Here...

Ellen-Fan

Talking Newbies: Say Hello Here...

I thought i'd set up one thread for newbies to stick their heads in and say hello and for us to say hello back...

as the site has got reeeeeally busy of late, it'll just make things easier and tidy up the rest of the forum if we don't have too many new threads saying "hi"

anyway - a big to all newbies,

enjoy your stay!

OOoh! good job Laooo! :lol: *gives a star to Laooo*

and WELCOME to all you newbies!!! :lol:
    ~NYCKIE~
    IMAGE to big!
    'Please excuse her for the day, its just the way the medication makes her'

Michelle here saying Hello. I have been lurking around for a couple of weeks and think it is time to join. You guys sure seem great and I love how you let everyone know what is going on in Ellen's world. I am on the west coast and appreciate it when you have posted that Ellen is going to be on "extra", "ET" or whatever. It gives me time to set the tivo to get a peek at her. Thanks for keeping your eyes and ears open for Ellen.

Ellen-Fan

hello michelle, and welcome!

hope you enjoy your time here...

most of us (except auggie and amidreaming who cause trouble all the time ) are really nice, and i hope you make good friends!

Hi, my name is Lauren and I'm from tennessee. I've been reading a lot of the posts, and y'all seem like really nice people. I'm still not sure if I'm gay or not, I've been having mixed emotions lately. I think I am, but I'm just not admitting to it because it's not the way I was raised. It just seems so right. I don't know though. I guess I need some advice on what I should do. I'm torn between what I feel, and what I was raised to believe.
    It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

Ellen-Fan

hi lauren...

first up, welcome to the forum...

i think the most important thing is to give yourself time... if you don't truly understand your feelings right now, then that's ok... just go with it... you don't have to act on anything... you'll find in time it'll all become clear either way. and if it doesn't, don't panic, it doesn't mean you have to make any big decisions... just go with the flow.

that sounds so easy when you say it, and i know it's much harder than that - but i'd say mainly just go with whatever your feelings tell you to go with...

and good luck!

Hi....I sort of jumped into the site without a proper "hello," so thank you for letting me get in with good graces now.

I'm down here on the bayou of Louisiana, used to live in Tennessee in fact. Married, but no kids, and am a big fan of E, just a little miffed at her for how she handled her "transition." I don't have the Alex's strength...I would have ended up in a body bag if I were in her shoes.

Also, another reason I haven't really warmed up to P is that I never really liked Nelle on "Ally McBeal"--can't stand women like that, so I guess I still see that character every time I see her pic. And I guess I see her as an opportunist, bagging the elephant. I'm sure it will subside as time passes.

Am a big supporter of gay rights, marriage equality, etc., simply because I can't imagine not being able to publicly show affection for someone I love--love is love to me. Life's too short and too tough to deny people the right to be who they are.

Thanks---
    "The beginning is always today." ~feminist, intellectual and writer Mary Wollstonecraft

Ellen-Fan

Lauren,

It's hard to figure out what your sexuality is. Many people on this site (almost all of them) went through that. Including me. I was raised to believe gay people have a 'disease' and have to be 'cured'. My parents hurt me when they say things like that. I used to go to church every week, but I don't go anymore. I try not to have to go.
    I read this in a book:
    Why do people put you in a box? I'm me. It's all I am and all I want to be. Do I have to be something?
    The anwer is NO. You don't have to be anything. Just be yourself. It doesn't matter if you're gay or straight or bi, as long as you're yourself, you'll be fine.

One last thing I'd like to say:
    Follow yourself, because only you know where you're going.
    Follow your feelings, because only you know what you feel.
    Follow your hart, because that's where the love is.

Good luck and if you ever want to talk, I'll be right here. You can PM me anytime or send me an e-mail. I have msn if that's easier for you. Just remember that the people on this forum are great and will always be there for you, no matter what.

Thanks for all of the support and help Dagny and Laooo. I'm going through some pretty tough and strange things in my life right now, and I'm sure I will be coming to you for advice and support a lot. I haven't been here very long and I already love it here. I feel like I can say anything and just be myself. Thanks for being here for me.
    It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

Hi Lauren,

Welcome to the board! I feel what you're saying and what laooo and dagny are saying is the best way to come around to who you really are. I had a hard time with my religion as well, I was brought up catholic. I still go to church and everything, but I'm a "pick and chose" catholic. lol..
    Anyways religion is so hard to understand especially if who you are is a main negative in it's eyes, I still deal with it whenever I hear some stuff that's being said in the news about the church and it's beliefs. Issues, Issues.

Page 1 of 277 1231151101 ... LastLast