Thread: The Help

Default The Help

Okay so...

Has anyone read the book, "The Help" or gone to see the movie of the same title yet? I know it's a little early to be asking, seeing as how the movie just came out today, but I am just so excited about this story, I have to share!

I read the book a few months ago and I have to admit, I'm not a big reader. But this book was the best book I have ever read in my life, and I don't think anything will ever be able to compete with it!

I went to see the movie tonight. I live in the state the movie was filmed in, so it's a big deal where I live. It's a good thing I bought my movie tickets online yesterday too because when we got to the movie theater tonight, there were signs on the windows that said the 7:00pm showing was sold out! And when we got inside, there was a long line of people standing in the lobby. They would not let people in right away to sit...it was crazy!! I had never seen anything like this before in my life. But the movie was great! It was a little different than the book, but what movie isn't? It was still a great adaptation of the book, and I think it did the book great justice. So funny and so sad at the same time. And a lot of locals got to be cast as extras in the film and we were asked to sit back down when we got ready to leave because we were blocking the view of the women behind us who were trying to watch for their names in the credits.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my thoughts on this book/movie. Anyone who might have read it or gone to see the movie, please give me your thoughts on it.

President & Proud Shortie of the EDSHFC!!

Laugh!,
    Nicole

Nicole, Isn't the "Help" based on the south in the 50's? I would like to read the book.

"It hit me... you are out of rum. If you are quiet it will come." E.D.

It's about black maids working in white people's homes in the South in the early 1960s. The book is amazing...best book I've ever read. And the movie is really good too.

President & Proud Shortie of the EDSHFC!!

Laugh!,
    Nicole

sounds like a good book,I will have t get it so I can read it.

"It hit me... you are out of rum. If you are quiet it will come." E.D.