Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Love Lucy

Default I Love Lucy

Does anyone ever watch I Love Lucy? I just recently started watching it a little bit, and I love it!! I can see how some people compared Ellen to Lucy during her sitcom...she was always trying to do the right thing, and even sometimes she wasn't and she always got in trouble for it in the end.

This show was so funny for it's time...I'm literally LOL when I watch it. Tomorrow there is a Lucy Bowl on the Hallmark channel from 7:30am-12:00am the next day. There will be three different bowls going on at my grandparents' house. My dad and grandpa will be watching the Super Bowl, my sister will be watching the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet, and I will be watching Lucy Bowl I...LOL!!!

President & Proud Shortie of the EDSHFC!!

Laugh!,
    Nicole

I love this show! I use to watch it all the time, when I had some free time. I havnet been able to watch as much lately. I have been meaning to buy the DVDS tho! Its interesting to watch its progress back in the day, before they use to sleep in two seperate beds, then as times started changing, they pushed the beds together. Such a differnt time and such a great show to watch!
    Check out my blog for fun stuff and general rantings http://fillysplace.blogspot.com/

For the Creative Writers and Artists please join my message board at
    http://z11.invisionfree.com/Creative...Creative_Muse/

OMG, I used to watch Lucy with my gramma all the time! What great memories you just brought back!
    "I'm the cat by the bar toasting to the good life"

Unreachable

THIS IS SOOOOO WEIRD! My neighbor just called me and told me there is an I Love Lucy marathon on Hallmark. And I said very quietly that I have never seen one episode of the show and she about had a heart attack. SO I have it on and then I come here and here is this thread...

C R E E P Y!

Quote Originally Posted by AnastasiaBeavrhausen View Post
    THIS IS SOOOOO WEIRD! My neighbor just called me and told me there is an I Love Lucy marathon on Hallmark. And I said very quietly that I have never seen one episode of the show and she about had a heart attack. SO I have it on and then I come here and here is this thread...

C R E E P Y!
    ESP....N! Yeah, I wish I could watch every episode, but I'm in and out of the house helping my mom and then we're going to my grandparents' house later so I won't get to see every show, but I'm trying to watch as many as I can.

Laugh!,
    Nicole

I Love Lucy was and is my favorite comedy tv show period

The more I watch it, the more I love it!! It's so funny, and part of that reason is because back in the 50s you know, so many people, especially women were meant to stay at home and cook and clean, and Lucy did those things, but she also did things you didn't see happening in the 50s for women. She was a pioneer, really. And I haven't even seen that many episodes yet, but I can see that from just a few.

I can see why Ellen was compared to her a lot during her sitcom days because she was always getting herself into trouble trying to do the right thing, or trying to do something funny.

I Love Lucy is a great show! I may ask for the whole series on DVD for my birthday!

Laugh!,
    Nicole

hehe..I watched all of those episodes the first time they ran them.

Quote Originally Posted by treiner View Post
    hehe..I watched all of those episodes the first time they ran them.
    So did I

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast