Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: New Ellen American Express ad

Quote Originally Posted by tcsced View Post
    Here it is!!! The new AMEX print ad...courtesy of this week's People magazine for anyone who wants to go out and buy it. It's a cute photo, but I still love the one of her with the dog the best...of course, look at my avatar! However either way, Annie Leibovitz always knows how to capture Ellen's personality!

THANK YOU!
    mariana

Always the years, always the love, always... the hours...

Ellen New American Express commercial has not aired here yet in North Carolina,I have not been able to see it so hopefuly it will air here really soon.

"It hit me... you are out of rum. If you are quiet it will come." E.D.

I love annie leibovitz's work!!!

I'm going to do a presentation about her in a couple of weeks!! : )
    mariana

Quote Originally Posted by blanksheet View Post
    I love annie leibovitz's work!!!

I'm going to do a presentation about her in a couple of weeks!! : )
    I bet that will be interesting project. I have three of her books of photos...she is amazing!!

President & Proud Shortie of the EDSHFC!!

Laugh!,
    Nicole

Quote Originally Posted by tcsced View Post
    I bet that will be interesting project. I have three of her books of photos...she is amazing!!
    I have been looking for her books, but I can't seem to find them in bookstores, only the last one, the one that is like a biography, but it's so expensive... I guess I'm going to look for other books and order on amazon
    mariana

Quote Originally Posted by blanksheet View Post
    I have been looking for her books, but I can't seem to find them in bookstores, only the last one, the one that is like a biography, but it's so expensive... I guess I'm going to look for other books and order on amazon
    I have her book 'women' which is amazing. i really love the ellen photo but also the ones of melissa etheridge and rosie o'donnel
    photo books are always expensive, which is a shame. i have quite a few books of robert maplethorpe's work and most of them were about 40pounds (50euro, 80dollar)
    Make each day count, dont count the days

I imagine that it is expensive to make quality reproductions of photos. A book that is mostly text is much cheaper to produce with perhaps a few good quality photo pages.
    James

Is it just me or do you hear the sound of tweets too? What about facing a book?

The first book of her's I bought was American Music. I actually bought it at the Brooks Museum of Art in Memphis, TN a few years ago. We were on our way to Nashville and while in a rest stop I saw a brochure of her exhibit of photos in the museum so we went....it was one of the highlights of my whole trip that year!! Seeing the pictures in person as actual prints was amazing...and you got to listen to a recording of Annie talking about the stories behind the pictures...it makes you appreciate the pics so much more when you know the story behind them. I bought the book in the gift shop along with a set of postcards from her Women book. So I have a 4x6 postcard of Ellen with the white painted face holding her um...you know...

I ordered Women from Amazon, and my parents got me A Photographer's Life when I graduated from community college a few years ago. They are not cheap books, but if you love great photos of people, it's worth it to me.

If I ever became rich one day that would be one of the first things I would buy...a real Annie Leibovitz print...if she sells them...I don't even know if she does or not.

President & Proud Shortie of the EDSHFC!!

Laugh!,
    Nicole

I would love to see one of her exhibitions. And I'm going to search on amazon for her books...
    Does anyone know a photo of Salvador Dalí that she took?
    mariana

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678