Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Have anyone seen this before?

It never seemed real from Anne, l seen the reality in Ellen, just reading that what Anne said in the interview is enough for me to know that being with Ellen was kind of an experiment!! l am just sad it hurt Ellen so much, it killed me to know she hurt that bad... l think to be honest tho, there was hurt on both sides, the fact is it lasted a good while so its gotta hurt!! They both moved on, l respect Anne's decision to go back to a man, but in my opinion Ellen got the best deal. she got Portia
    yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehawwwwwwwwwwwwww

Quote Originally Posted by chinook View Post
    yep anne's crazy...didn't she play twins on the soap Another World, the vickie/marley character, she played both parts right or does she hae a twin? maybe it was a case of the evil twin/good twin when she was with ellen, depended on who was in control that day lol
    I don't know, but if she did play a twin, evil and good, she probably didn't have to do much acting...it should have come natural! I'm being mean, I should stop...but it's just how I see her.

President & Proud Shortie of the EDSHFC!!

Laugh!,
    Nicole

Quote Originally Posted by zoeak View Post
    Of course she did! So did Anne! And a whole lot of others ('cept those 'one time straight, always straight' peeps), I thought they were gonna last, too... *weepies* Man, that was a sucky time, I was just coming out, and suddenly the three most high-profile lesbian relationships just fell apart, two of them because one partner went back to men... way to instill hope in this budding lesbian...
    Who were the other two??

Thanks for the link, I hadn't seen this interview.

Quote Originally Posted by linda76 View Post
    Who were the other two??

Thanks for the link, I hadn't seen this interview.
    Melissa Etheridge & Julie Cypher (previously married to Lou Diamond Phillips, now married to, uhm, some other man), and k.d. lang & Leisha Hailey.

I have to say, in Anne's defense, that I've always thought she seems real. She may love being the center of attention, but not to where I ever thought she was being overtly manipulative. She seems to change opinions and her heart quickly and easily, but I don't think that makes her feelings any less real when she's feeling them. I've always found her fear-less-ness, even if it was misguided and for attention (not that we'll ever know), inspiring, and I also admire her for not ever treating her relationship with Ellen as a 'past experiment'. So many previously "bisexual" actresses suddenly grow a little older, shut up all about it, and act like it never happened (Angelina, Drew Barrymore, Megan Mullaly...). In the interviews I've seen with Anne since then she gets annoyed when people treat her relationship with Ellen differently, or 'less than', because it was with a woman (remember how mad she got when her mom tried to say her daughter went back to men thanks to her prayers? To the point of releasing a statement saying gender had absolutely nothing to do with it. I think that's pretty cool.).

And IMHO, I think Ellen did a very similar thing to Alex (who has been admirably gracious about the whole thing) that Anne did to her. Sure, we may be fans of Ellen, and quick to forgive, but I do think it's kind of an un-fair double-standard.
    "Can you use the phrase 'closer to fine' in a sentence?"

quisque comoedum est

Quote Originally Posted by zoeak View Post
    I've read parts of it with the 'Search inside this book' feature on Amazon, but I couldn't quite find it in me to spend money on it. I gotta say, though, that whenever Anne's interviewed, and from what I've read in her book too, she tends to make a whole lot of sense. Like, ridiculously so, with a really great attitude towards stuff in general. And she's always very firmly pointed out that her relationship with Ellen, or the ending thereof, had nothing whatsoever to do sexuality, or the fact that they were both women.

I like this part :

"...I mean, it was so perfect - Ellen last night and Harrison today? It's too good to be true!"
    There was a brief pause for a cough. "Sorry. What was that about Ellen?"
    "Ellen! Oh, my God. I didn't tell you. I met Ellen DeGeneres last night, and I'm in love. I'm so in love! I've never had such great sex! No wonder lesbians are lesbians."
    "Anne, take a breath."
    "Okay." Breath. "What?"
    "Let me get this straight. You slept with Ellen DeGeneres last night?"
    "Yeah. She's amazing! She's gonna be my date for the Volcano premiere. Isn't that awesome?"
    There was some more coughing, and I began to be concerned for my agent's health.
    "Hello? Are you okay? Hello?"

I am glad you said that. In same ways I understand Anne's pain. I mean being abuse when she was a kid. That sucks. And from where she started and where is she now, that takes a lot of effort. Keep in mind I AM NOT saying what Anne did was fair to Ellen BUT to understand what she did you need to understand her ( Anne). BTW, Anne's book is VERY good.
    "without love you have nothing."

Unreachable

I don't know what to say about Ellen and Alex's relationship. I mean, how do we know it was like what Anne did to Ellen? She didn't leave Alex for another man and I don't know, its confusing. I'm just leaving it at this... its their private business and we have no idea what happened behind closed doors. I just think Anne was crazy being found at those peoples house all drugged up and some of the things she has said... just weird. We all have something painful in our pasts, I understand that, but I don't know, its just private business and Anne made hers public so it is for us to speculate on her book... geez who knows what the hell I'm trying to say... I just don't have sympathy for Anne. Mean? Yes it is mean for me to say... I admit it!

i'm confused about the ellen/anne timeline. I've heard that Anne went to Fresno and that whole thing because she was distraught about the breakup. But if Anne left Ellen because of Coley... why would she run off and get stoned in the desert? Anne said somewhere that Ellen knew about the whole Celestina thing from the first month they were together and was a little freaked out by it... and that she felt repressed by Ellen so it seemed like they had some tension over that. They both say they were dumped. So maybe it was completely mutual... does anyone have any reliable information or is it all rumors and tabloid crap? Or is it a matter of choosing who to believe... deciding ellen's word is more reliable than anne's etc?

I think a whole lot of it is just tabloid crap. And I reckon both Ellen and Anne (and Alex) have their own biased view of events, and all of it is really none of our busniess. As far as speculation goes, though, I'm assuming everything wasn't wonderful with Ellen&Anne, nor with Ellen&Alex (and I'd be suspicious if everything was constantly wonderful with Ellen&Portia, too, for that matter). I don't know what Anne writes in her book about the breakup (or if she writes about it at all), but the few interviews I've read I get the feeling they really weren't compatible towards the end, but Anne was probably closer to the edge than Ellen realized at the time. Has it ever been reported anywhere relatively trust-worthy that Anne actually left because of Coley Lafoon, because I got the feeling that while she got to know him over the summer, he wasn't necessarily the source of the break-up. (Of course Ellen spins her break-up with Alex as not being because she met Portia either, so who knows...)

I don't think it's worse to leave your girlfriend for a man than it is for a woman (it feels worse, somehow, but it's really not, being left for someone else is bad enough either way). Anne is bisexual, she left Ellen and then married a man, Ellen is gay, she left Alex for another woman.

They're all human, and none of them is perfect. Ellen was hurt when Anne left, but if you look at Alex's photos and read between the lines of her interviews, it sounds like she was hurt pretty badly, and that it was entirely out of the blue, only she's such a classy lady she doesn't actually say as much or give any details. I love Ellen, and Portia, and Alex, and I'm pretty fond of Anne, too.
    Last edited by zoeak; 02-22-2008 at 06:28 PM.
    "Can you use the phrase 'closer to fine' in a sentence?"

quisque comoedum est

To be honest w/ everyone I like everyone ( Anne, Ellen, Alex, Portia) We are humans. We make mistakes. Time will heal.
    "without love you have nothing."

Unreachable DegeneresDerossi2007's Avatar
    My Location is some were nice and far way
    Blog Entries

I just love my Ellen and Portia

what happened in the past happned for many resons .Now ellen happy with Portia .
    Ellen DeGeneres is one of a kind Portia is one of a kind

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast